Change Folder View Preferences - Newbie!

Hello out there,

I am new to XP and hope someone can help me with what is
probably a simple setting?

I have a tremendous number of files saved within many
different file folders. For this reason, it is easier to
view my files in the "list" view (where I can see what's
available without scrolling too much) vs. an icon view.

I know how to change it temporarily, but when I go back,
the default seems to go back to "icon" view in XP.

Is there a way to change the default view to "list"
for viewing files without having to change it every
time?

Thanks for your help!

J Lo
3 answers Last reply
More about change folder view preferences newbie

    Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Apply to All Folders button after
    you go through the options and set things up as you want.

    "J Lo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello out there,
    >
    > I am new to XP and hope someone can help me with what is
    > probably a simple setting?
    >
    > I have a tremendous number of files saved within many
    > different file folders. For this reason, it is easier to
    > view my files in the "list" view (where I can see what's
    > available without scrolling too much) vs. an icon view.
    >
    > I know how to change it temporarily, but when I go back,
    > the default seems to go back to "icon" view in XP.
    >
    > Is there a way to change the default view to "list"
    > for viewing files without having to change it every
    > time?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > J Lo

    Hi,

    This sounds like a good solution, but I'm not sure what
    to click in the folders view. I have already
    ticked "Remember Each Folder's View Settings" but this
    doesn't always work. Is this the one I should be ticking?

    Thanks,

    J Lo

    He said "Apply To All Folders" not "Remember Each ...". Look at the buttons.

    War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
    http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
    "J Lo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:241a01c49ab4$138a2d70$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > This sounds like a good solution, but I'm not sure what
    > to click in the folders view. I have already
    > ticked "Remember Each Folder's View Settings" but this
    > doesn't always work. Is this the one I should be ticking?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > J Lo

Configuration Customization Windows XP