Hdd sleep question

no_one

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
One question for you all;
Does anyone know if it's possible in windows 7 to setup my hdd drives to sleep separately? I have 3 hdd-s, but one of them is for BACKUP, and I want to set it to sleep all the time, and to wake up only when I'll probably need it; :bounce:
It's there a setup, a program or a method to do that ? Wait your answers :hello:
Thanx

no_one

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
you could always get a Removable Drive Tray such as these. This way you can just insert the drive when needed and pull it when you don't need it and you can use it for backing up multiple systems if you want.

I have a removable 2.5" hdd and I connect it to pc by usb port, but I don't want to buy a 3.5" rack, I don't like them on my pc case; that's why I try to find a setting or a program to do that and my hdd to stay inside the case;
thanx for the reply

G

As far as I know, Windows does not have any current setting to allow one to set individual drives to remain asleep while other drives remain active.

I don't know of any software which would allow this kind of setup, although anything that can be thought up is possible as long as someone can implement it.

The is one solution which I seem to remember seeing a while back, but I don't know if it'd be available in an SATA model. It'd be similar to a removable drive tray, but instead, this one had a round key which you could use to turn the power on or off to the drive itself. Not sure who made these though.

Maybe something like that would suit your needs?