Is it a safe place to buy from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

datguy88

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hello, I just wanted to ask if anyone has used the website cutting edge gamer to buy their graphics card, and if so is it a safe and reliable site/service? I want to buy a gtx 580, and they have it for $60 a month which sounds resonable. Thanks for any advice!

Solution
Ok , just went to the site (for the first time by the way) and what you didn't say in your post is that you are leasing the card , not buying it. The terms of the lease is one year at which time you send the card back to them and they will send you a new one with another one year lease. It sounds like a good deal untill you realize that you are paying $732 to lease that card for one year and then you have to send it back. You can buy a GTX 580 for $499.99. The card you want to lease for $60.99 is the 3gb version and retails for $589.99 , they have a superclock version with 1.5gb mem. that you can lease for $51.99 which would be a $624 lease option. You don't need to lease the 3gb version for $732. For some people leasing is the only way...
Ok , just went to the site (for the first time by the way) and what you didn't say in your post is that you are leasing the card , not buying it. The terms of the lease is one year at which time you send the card back to them and they will send you a new one with another one year lease. It sounds like a good deal untill you realize that you are paying $732 to lease that card for one year and then you have to send it back. You can buy a GTX 580 for $499.99. The card you want to lease for $60.99 is the 3gb version and retails for $589.99 , they have a superclock version with 1.5gb mem. that you can lease for $51.99 which would be a $624 lease option. You don't need to lease the 3gb version for $732. For some people leasing is the only way they can go because they don't have the cash , so if you have to lease then go for the regular 580.

Solution
Wow... a place that lets you lease a video card.

$60 per month for 12 months is definitely a ripoff. You are better off buying the GTX 580, then smash it with a hammer after one year and buy a new card. It works out to be cheaper and you can release some pent up frustration on that poor little expensive card.

Or you can sell the GTX 580 can use the money to buy a new card. Maybe you can get $300 - $350 for it after a year.

datguy88

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks very much for the information, I didn't plan on using the site but I wanted to see if anyone else had. I new there was a catch :D. Thanks

I plan on getting the Galaxy GTX 580 anyway since the rebate is massive and it looks easily overclcokable. Actually should I get this or is there a better brand/version that you would reccomend?

This is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162073

Thanks for any imput.

Status
Not open for further replies.