Stop the buzzingggggggggggggg

markuk1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
hello could someone please help me with this its driving me crazy i currently have three different power supplies one is a corsair 850w anther is a seasonic x series 660w and the last one is a silverstone 450w sfx psu.
all of them make a loud not deafening but very annoying noise a constant buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and its driving me crazy!! the seasonic is supposed to be silent but the buzzing is the loudest noise i can here in the hole case and its the same for the other two as well and the fan on the silverstone is quit loud.

the strange thing is a few days ago i decided too move my setup too a different room that was full of useless stuff printers paper shredders laptop power leads routers my house phone and possibly some other stuff all plugged in using two extension cables.

i removed all of this stuff from the room plugged in my pc and hey presto the buzzzzzzing stopped i all that night not a buzz from any of the three but when i turned on my pc the next morning it was back again in all three :( sorry for such a long post!!

Sounds like the issue is in the outlet and not the PC. You kinda proved that when you had no buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing noise with the PC in the other room/outlet.

markuk1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
okey so how would i go about fixing this buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing then lol! is there some sort of filter or sum thing i could get.

cheers for the reply!

markuk1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
well i flicked the breaker for a few seconds but no luck still buzzing could you give me any other things too try for mate thanks again!!

sk1939

Distinguished

Have an electrician come out and look at your power point because something is not right with it. It's obvious it's just that particular unit (or circuit) that has something wrong with it.