New build random restarts

Donniepapa

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I'm having random restarts while playing games (swtor, bf3, skyrim) sometimes have had it restart 20 minutes into playing and other times 6+ hours into playing, sometime I can go a week without it happening. Not having heat issue constantly running about 48 C while playing for an extended period of time. I have just built about 3 months ago.

MB-Asus saber tooth 990fx
Processor-amd phenomx6 1100t
Ram- gskill ripjaw x series 8gb (2x4gb)
Power supply-antec cp-1000 1000watt
Vid card-Sapphire radeon 5770 1gb
HD-western digital caviar black 1tb

Not sure what other info would be helpful. First time builder, just lookin for an idea of where to start.

Most random restart problems that have a hardware cause is due to either faulty memory or a faulty power supply. Test the memory for an extended period of time of a day or more using a memory test program such as memtest86. To check the power supply substitute with a known good one.
If Windows 7 make sure that automatic updates are turned off.

Donniepapa

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
ok i ran memtest-no errors, had power supply test found that lines ran to my case fans were putting out low votage so i replaced power supply with a brand new of the same brand. just restarted again 5 minuted into playing assassins creed, loaded back up and was able to play for about an hour no restarts so far. have no idea what it could be