Watercooled pc wont boot and has a red cpu led

Xeno73

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
My system will not boot up and the cpu led is red,this is after I installed a watercooling kit.
My pc was working fine and running great with no problems without the watercooling kit.
I thought I would just get into watercooling for future overclocking and keeping my system running at a good temp.
I've taken the cpu out and inspected it,reapplied the thermal paste,used only one ram stick,cleared cmos.
I'm running out of options and needs help,I'm new to watercooling and it's so frustrating spending so much time on something I thought was going to be awesome to get into.Also, I bought a simple Swiftech H20-X320 HD series which I thought was a simple setup to put in because it was an all in one watercooling kit.
My setup
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3.0
I7 2600k
G.Skill DDR3 1600 PC3-12800
PSU=1000w Kingwin The Black Series

erickoch

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

Have you double checked your power connections? I ran into a similar head-banger situation when I crossfired my graphics cards. I unplugged the connections from my modular power supply and when I replugged them in I hadn't fully seated all the pins.

This gave me a red cpu led and I thought I had fried something...

Realistically though, if it was all working before the switch, you must have missed something/bumped something on reassembly.

Xeno73

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Yeah,I checked it to make sure and still samething,everything else is fine.
I'm wondering if I shorted anything out while I was installing the watercool kit,like the motherboard or the cpu itself.
I just recently bought these about two and half months ago,not sure if this void my warranties,it would really be a bummer.

Xeno73

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Yes,I also did that and still no boot and the cpu led is still red.
Thanks for replying,I guess I will have to take the watercooling kit out and put everything back the way it was to see if my pc is still working.

Xeno73

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Nope, no paste on the pins and yes the plug was plugged into the cpu fan header.

Xeno73

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Yes I shorted out the psu with a paper clip and did exactly what the instruction said...somewhere along the line I must've have done did something wrong.
OK,I took the watercooling kit apart and put everything back the way I had with regular heatsink fan.I'm so bummed out because now my PC would bootup quickly and shut down.So maybe I should've not even mess with watercooling and pay a pro to do it.Thought I would do it myself because I'm on a budget,now I'm probably going to have to spend more money.
Thanks everyone for trying to help out,I'm going to see if I can get this machine working somehow without the watercooling kit and report back if I do.

Xeno73

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I'm back,looking carefully at the MB,I saw a bent pin..not sure if it was bent after a couple of times of taking the cpu out and putting it back in.I ended up getting another MB(tax Returns).. ;) I got the EVGA Z68 FTW,got everything put together inside the case,guess what,no boot.I was about to cry..lol,so there I go back to square one again.Took everything apart,laid the MB on a piece of cardboard with just the cpu,24pin power,8 pin power,and one stick of ram outside the case,also to mention I used a new heatsink and fan to rule out other parts,and finally it booted up...all in all my old heatsink was causing this no boot.As for the bent pin on my old MB,I guess I can't return it for a replacement.