Internet speed issues

Cakesmith

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Hi there,

I'm having some issues with my internet connection on one of my computers. Doing a Speedtest, I'm only getting .05-.15Mbps on the computer in question, yet on any other networked device in the house gets 10Mbps+.

I'm at a complete loss as to what is causing the issue. I've done virus scans, checked firewalls, router settings, driver updates and even replaced the network card yet it's still going very slow.

The computer is using a D-Link DWA-510 and the router is a D-Link DIR-655 running WPA2-TKIP encryption. The router is about 50m from the computer and only goes through 1 other room. I've got a cordless phone system but it's running at 5.4GHz and this problem has only started in the past couple of days.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

teen23

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
you may be connected to the wrong network or someone else is on your network using all of your bandwidth , to make this situation as clear you need to talk to your ISP and also download reginout to sort out this issue.
After that check your internet speed test through this site http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ whether the internet speed is high or not.............

Latest posts