Need the Go Ahead for my New Build

mwgriffin

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Hey there folks! I wanted to confirm this build of mine before I start buying parts. I was mostly concerned about the memory, as to whether it is a good choice in terms of speed. I also am curious if I should buy the SSD and the Power Supply now as they're on sale or wait until I get my hands on a GTX 680. The GTX 680 4GB FTW has been confirmed by EVGA to be available next week, but I might not be able to buy one right away due to availability. Should I wait another month? What do you folks think? I would hate to buy things now and then not be able to use them and risk them dying and not being able to RMA them... Here's all of the components:

NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK Black Steel
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 <---- This is discounted now on Amazon and doesn't go on sale often...
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz
Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW120A3K5 2.5" <---- This is on sale now as well.
A couple of TB of harddrives that I'll purchase later.
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
EGVA GTX 680 4GB FTW (One now, One Later)
ASUS VG Series VG278H Black 27" 2 ms

popatim

Titan
I wouldnt worry about RMA'ing either of those two items, both companies stand behind their products. I've seen the SSD on sale several times already this year.

You might want to go with 2x8 memory arrangement so you dont have to worry about heat spreader issues and easier upgrade to 32gb down the road.

mwgriffin

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I was thinking the same thing on the memory. But then I also wondered that lets say I want to get another 16GB in nine months will the matching ram still be cost efective?Do you think that 1600mhz is good enough for the cpu and graphics card in terms of bottle-necking?

TRENDING THREADS