GTs 450/GTX550Ti:asus directcu VS MSI cyclone

Decepticon_14

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,
HI,the message title says everything
performance,both are default clocked and such gtx 550Ti wins.
But,what i need to know now is all abt:
durability,reliability,lowest temperature.
Well,based on what asus and msi claims
msi cooler by 23 celcius whereas asus is by 20celcius.

But asus is using alloy components and such is better in terms of card quality as compared msi using only solid capacitors(nothing else i think)

So,just help me,nt the speed bt quality,which is better ecpecially doing VERY mild OC like 2-5% only.

*if u can,do tell me,hw do i make ventilation for thesse cards cooling?????????????

DM186

Splendid
I have two GTX 550 Ti's and they are not very good. You pay to much money for something that will make you very unhappy. These cards come a little OC and If you bump them up past that they become very unstable. The only thing you can bump up on the card is the memory clock. If you can get the cards to do 40 to 60fps then your temps are going to be around 80C. You need to have a lot of air on them coming and going. You would fair better with a GTX 560 Ti or the GTX 460. the 460 is around the same price as the 550 but it is faster and better.

You can bump up everything on the 550ti, I used to have one lol

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
The 550ti is probably the worst gpu on the market in terms of price point and capability . I wouldn't recommend anybody plunk down their hard earned cash on one, for the same price or maybe 10-20 bucks more at most you can get the 1gb 460. 2 460s in sli> 570,6950,6970 2 550tis in sli= meh

DM186

Splendid

You did it on one card. When I bump them up past 951 core, shader 1903, and memory 2415 They freak out and start Crashing to desktop, BSOD and freezes Etc. Either I have faulty cards or doing two of them at the same time is the problem. I am only telling what I have experienced. But the numbers I stated above except the Memory that is how my cards came. The normal setting should be 900 core, 1800 shader, and 1089 memory. I guess I never tried the one card only.

Decepticon_14

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

Ok,guys,the problems is in my place,the gtx 460 is still pricier(a lot)(even the 768mb version) when compared to gtx 550Ti
Cheapest is like USD 160.00,whereas both of cards i mentioned aboce is only USD 125.00.
Especially both are of good brands,just the problem which is on better quality and durability,
Anyway,meanwhile i will try get a gtx 460.

But,juz help on tat 2 first,n i would be much appreciating it,Tq a bunch!!!

of course it would crash because you forcing the card running out of it's recommended spec. just because the card does not OC well it doesn't mean the card is not good though i agree for price vs performance GTX550 Ti is not good. in some place you can get 6870 for the same price.

DM186

Splendid

Yes I agree with you and for the games I play I don't need to OC them as to they come OC a tad bit higher than stock. I don't like these cards but I have to make due.