Intel(R) G33/G31 Express chipset family

Hi,

I need to upgrade my graphics card as I have the onboard G33/G31 Express Chipset at my disposal. I need to upgrade to a 3D accelerated 256 MB video card with support for pixel shader 3.0 in order to play EA FIFA series.

My current configuration is

MS Win XP (SP 2)
Intel Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.53 Ghz and 2 GB RAM.

Please suggest if NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater / ATI Radeon X6100 or greater are compatible with the G33/G31 chipset and whether can be added onto it or not.

Else, if I need to replace my motherboard, what should I upgrade it to.

Regards
Varun
6 answers Last reply
More about intel express chipset family
  1. SOLVED??

    What system do you have? Is this OEM system such as: HP, Dell?
    How much watt does your PSU have and what is it?

    Because it seems that you have an OEM system and Low PSU watts

    Please tell me. I will help you. Yes it is possible to add a GPU to your G31/G33 MotherBoard. Don't worry about that. As long as you have the right power supply.
  2. refillable said:
    SOLVED??

    What system do you have? Is this OEM system such as: HP, Dell?
    How much watt does your PSU have and what is it?

    Because it seems that you have an OEM system and Low PSU watts

    Please tell me. I will help you. Yes it is possible to add a GPU to your G31/G33 MotherBoard. Don't worry about that. As long as you have the right power supply.


    Hi,

    It is a 2 year old assembled PC, not from HP or Dell.

    I will have to check the power supply, I am not sure about that. Will need to open up the box.
  3. Good. Waiting for response on your PSU :)

    EDIT : Do you get it?
  4. refillable said:
    Good. Waiting for response on your PSU :)

    EDIT : Do you get it?


    Hello,

    Wish you a very Happy new year !!!

    Sorry for the late reply.

    The ATX Switching Power Supply box in my PC just mentions AC Input of 250AV 50/60 Hz. It doesn't have any number in units of Watt.

    Regards
    Varun
  5. The title of this topic has been edited by Mousemonkey
  6. varuntaneja22 said:
    Hello,

    Wish you a very Happy new year !!!

    Sorry for the late reply.

    The ATX Switching Power Supply box in my PC just mentions AC Input of 250AV 50/60 Hz. It doesn't have any number in units of Watt.

    Regards
    Varun


    Hi,

    Co-incidentally, my power supply conked off last week. So, got it replaced with a power supply 450W.

    Also, got the ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphic card installed.

    So, the game works now :sol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Chipsets Intel Graphics