Sign in with
Your question

Temperature didn't dropped down significantly after putting thermalC?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Heatsinks
  • Temperature
Last response: in CPUs
May 8, 2012 4:24:09 AM

I bought this >1$ thermal compound but didn't really improved the temperature of my cpu 2120. It's still at max 44 degree celsius at idle. I'm not really sure but i think the problem is the motherboard. The clip for holding the cpu is probably too tight. I have a gigabyte h61m-ds2 and another problem of mine is how the heatsink fan spins. i don't really like the air flow to be inward the cpu. Anybody else who has problems with intel heatsink? Well i have. I hate intel heatsink. I don't want to be rude but more especially, i don't want to lie. Hope to hear your opinions guys. thank you

More about : temperature dropped significantly putting thermalc

a c 206 à CPUs
May 8, 2012 5:05:52 AM

mykebrian said:
I bought this >1$ thermal compound but didn't really improved the temperature of my cpu 2120. It's still at max 44 degree celsius at idle. I'm not really sure but i think the problem is the motherboard. The clip for holding the cpu is probably too tight. I have a gigabyte h61m-ds2 and another problem of mine is how the heatsink fan spins. i don't really like the air flow to be inward the cpu. Anybody else who has problems with intel heatsink? Well i have. I hate intel heatsink. I don't want to be rude but more especially, i don't want to lie. Hope to hear your opinions guys. thank you

the clips when locked should have clicked.you need a tight bound so that the paste can work. i never seen a cooler fan suck air into the cooler most fans blow away from the cpu. thee are a few nice small falls thta look like intell fans but have a metal plate. the best cpu fans are ones with the larger 120mm fans to keep the noise down.
a c 186 à CPUs
May 8, 2012 5:21:42 AM

Probably applied too much paste? Or the paste is a POS!
May 8, 2012 6:20:17 AM

smorizio said:
the clips when locked should have clicked.you need a tight bound so that the paste can work. i never seen a cooler fan suck air into the cooler most fans blow away from the cpu. thee are a few nice small falls thta look like intell fans but have a metal plate. the best cpu fans are ones with the larger 120mm fans to keep the noise down.

i meant the metal that holds the cpu tight not the clip on the heatsink. it really adds pressure so much that there are two noticeable dots on the left and right side of the cpu.
May 8, 2012 11:20:47 AM

i don't think it's POS cause i also replaced the thermal compound in my graphic card and it's working fine
!