New Sony 1080p HDTV now out.

Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
Here is the link
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

--
Jeremy
On the web at

    Oh man, that makes my mouth water. And it's surprisingly affordable!
    That's only about $1K more than you'd pay for a high-end HDTV at
    Circuit City. I won't be buying one at $5,000 (my living room is too
    small for a 60" screen anyway), but that price gives me hope that we'll
    be looking at 1080p TVs for $2-3,000 in a year or two.

    --
    Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

    Game Junky wrote:
    > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
    > Here is the link
    > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab
    >
    > --
    > Jeremy
    > On the web at
    > http://home.insightbb.com/~gamejunky/

    Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.

    "Game Junky" <gamejunky@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
    to.
    > Here is the link

    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    *DROOL*

    Sammy "The Bull" Gravano wrote:
    > "Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Oh man, that makes my mouth water. And it's surprisingly affordable!
    > > That's only about $1K more than you'd pay for a high-end HDTV at
    > > Circuit City. I won't be buying one at $5,000 (my living room is too
    > > small for a 60" screen anyway), but that price gives me hope that we'll
    > > be looking at 1080p TVs for $2-3,000 in a year or two.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    > > http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    > > cable@creaturecantina.com
    > >

    > A year or two? Dream on! You'll wait longer than that.
    >
    > -Sammy

    I don't see why. Plasmas are about half what they were just 2 years
    ago.

    --

    Game Junky wrote:
    > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
    > Here is the link
    > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    Sweet! Me wants now. It will be awesome just to see these in the Best
    Buy and Circuit City show rooms. Drool...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Oh man, that makes my mouth water. And it's surprisingly affordable!
    > That's only about $1K more than you'd pay for a high-end HDTV at
    > Circuit City. I won't be buying one at $5,000 (my living room is too
    > small for a 60" screen anyway), but that price gives me hope that we'll
    > be looking at 1080p TVs for $2-3,000 in a year or two.
    >
    > --
    > Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    > http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    > cable@creaturecantina.com

    A year or two? Dream on! You'll wait longer than that.

    -Sammy
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    > Game Junky wrote:
    > > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
    to.
    > > Here is the link

    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    > > --
    > > Jeremy
    > > On the web at
    > > http://home.insightbb.com/~gamejunky/
    >
    > Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.

    Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    >> Game Junky wrote:
    >> > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3
    >> > up
    > to.
    >> > Here is the link
    >> >
    > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Jeremy
    >> > On the web at
    >> > http://home.insightbb.com/~gamejunky/
    >>
    >> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
    >
    > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(

    Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    > > to.

    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    > > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    > >> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
    > >
    > > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
    >
    > Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.

    Samsung and Toshiba as good as a Sony?
    LOL!
    Thanks man, I needed a big smile to start off my day.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message

    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    >> to.
    >>> >
    >> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    >> g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    >>> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
    >>
    >> Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
    >
    > Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.

    In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that as
    a crutch for ignorance.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Game Junky wrote:
    > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
    > Here is the link
    > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    So what?
    Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
    benefit to them will be moot.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Game Junky wrote:
    >> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
    >> to.
    >> Here is the link
    >> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab
    >>

    > So what?
    > Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
    > benefit to them will be moot.

    Its more difficult than calibrating a vibrator so it may too be lost on you.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Game Junky wrote:
    >> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
    >> to.
    >> Here is the link
    >> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab
    >
    > So what?
    > Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
    > benefit to them will be moot.

    End users can't calibrate most TVs, not because they are idiots, but rather
    because there is no interface to properly calibrate it besides the service
    mode.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
    >>
    >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
    >
    > Samsung and Toshiba as good as a Sony?
    > LOL!
    > Thanks man, I needed a big smile to start off my day.

    And, being as ignorant as you are, it's amazing you needed anything more
    than to find that bug caught in your unbathed ball hair to put a smile on
    your face as you crunched him up and swallowed him down.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that
    > as a crutch for ignorance.

    WHat? Are you seriously saying that Sony is some quality TV manufacturer?
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >>>So what?
    >>>Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
    >>>benefit to them will be moot.
    >>
    >> End users can't calibrate most TVs, not because they are idiots, but
    >> rather because there is no interface to properly calibrate it besides the
    >> service mode.
    >
    > Sony WEGA's not only have the best image quality of any TV on the market

    haha
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >> In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that
    >> as a crutch for ignorance.
    >
    > WHat? Are you seriously saying that Sony is some quality TV manufacturer?

    Are you missing that the comparison was to Samsung and Toshiba?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
    > > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use
    that
    > >> as a crutch for ignorance.
    > >
    > > WHat? Are you seriously saying that Sony is some quality TV
    manufacturer?

    > Are you missing that the comparison was to Samsung and Toshiba?

    IMHO it has zero to do with any competitors name when it comes to the Qualia
    line or any of Sony's top of the line video displays. Sony is top rung when
    it comes to direct view crt's, movie projector CRT's (G90 twin stack - there
    is no substitute) and their SXRD technology has no equal.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Fred Liken wrote:
    > > "Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message

    >>>http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=tr
    ue&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    > >>So what?
    > >>Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
    > >>benefit to them will be moot.
    > >

    > > End users can't calibrate most TVs, not because they are idiots, but
    rather
    > > because there is no interface to properly calibrate it besides the
    service
    > > mode.
    > >

    > Sony WEGA's not only have the best image quality of any TV on the market

    Agreed. Panasonic Tau is a very close 2nd though
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    >>> to.
    >>>> >
    >>> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    >>> g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    >>> Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
    >>
    >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
    >>

    > In what world?

    This one...or are you usually off on some other world that we're not aware
    of?

    >Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that as a crutch for
    >ignorance.

    Right, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand,
    particularly since I rather like some of Sony's offerings. However, just
    because a product has the Sony label on it doesn't mean it's automatically
    superior to the competition.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Bill Cable <billcable@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I don't see why. Plasmas are about half what they were just 2 years
    > ago.

    Yeah, and this set is a good $1k less than similar LCD-RP sets I was
    looking at earlier this year.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.

    Caution: Most (if not all) of these new 1080p sets are likely hybrids and
    not true 1080p. The hybrids can only upconvert to 1080p whereas the the
    true sets will be able to accept the 1080p signal natively. There has been
    alot of discussion about this on avsforum.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
    > to.
    > Here is the link
    > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    Sony already had some 1080p TVs, but these are the first to cost less than
    $10K. That 70" Sony Qualia 1080p is still the pinnacle of RPTV...
    --
    Charles C. Shyu
    http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

    In article <uaOdnXrPbv2g_GTfRVn-3A@suscom.com>,
    "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > IMHO it has zero to do with any competitors name when it comes to the Qualia
    > line or any of Sony's top of the line video displays. Sony is top rung when
    > it comes to direct view crt's, movie projector CRT's (G90 twin stack - there
    > is no substitute) and their SXRD technology has no equal.

    Well lets see what happens with Toshiba's SED.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    PS3

    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&

    > >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
    > >>

    > > In what world?
    >
    > This one...or are you usually off on some other world that we're not aware
    > of?
    >
    > >Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that as a crutch for
    > >ignorance.
    >
    > Right, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand,
    > particularly since I rather like some of Sony's offerings. However, just
    > because a product has the Sony label on it doesn't mean it's automatically
    > superior to the competition.

    When it comes to Sony's top of the line video displays it does.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Perfect wrote:
    > "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    > > to.
    > >> >
    > > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    > > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    > >> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
    > >
    > > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
    >
    > Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.

    Exactly. Especially when Samsung is the best when it comes to DLP TVs.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > When it comes to Sony's top of the line video displays it does.

    Perhaps in direct view.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1123772879.515012.206750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    holleyrp@delanet.com says...

    >Perfect wrote:
    >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
    >> > to.

    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&
    >> > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

    >> > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
    >>
    >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
    >
    >Exactly. Especially when Samsung is the best when it comes to DLP TVs.

    Your kidding right? I have yet to really look into DLP TVs but I hated
    Samsung's other products and have always had reliability issues with them.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > In article <1123772879.515012.206750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > holleyrp@delanet.com says...
    > >

    > >Perfect wrote:
    > >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?readmore=true&

    > >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
    > >
    > >Exactly. Especially when Samsung is the best when it comes to DLP TVs.
    > >

    > Your kidding right? I have yet to really look into DLP TVs but I hated
    > Samsung's other products and have always had reliability issues with them.

    No, I'm serious. From what reasearch I've done it seems Samsung is the
    leader when it comes to DLP TVs.

Console Gaming Sony HDTV PlayStation Video Games Product