New Sony 1080p HDTV now out.

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2005 2:58:35 AM

Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
Here is the link
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...

--
Jeremy
On the web at

More about : sony 1080p hdtv

Anonymous
August 9, 2005 2:58:36 AM

Oh man, that makes my mouth water. And it's surprisingly affordable!
That's only about $1K more than you'd pay for a high-end HDTV at
Circuit City. I won't be buying one at $5,000 (my living room is too
small for a 60" screen anyway), but that price gives me hope that we'll
be looking at 1080p TVs for $2-3,000 in a year or two.

--
Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

"Game Junky" <gamejunky@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
to.
> Here is the link

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

*DROOL*
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 2:58:36 AM

Sammy "The Bull" Gravano wrote:
> "Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Oh man, that makes my mouth water. And it's surprisingly affordable!
> > That's only about $1K more than you'd pay for a high-end HDTV at
> > Circuit City. I won't be buying one at $5,000 (my living room is too
> > small for a 60" screen anyway), but that price gives me hope that we'll
> > be looking at 1080p TVs for $2-3,000 in a year or two.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
> > http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
> > cable@creaturecantina.com
> >

> A year or two? Dream on! You'll wait longer than that.
>
> -Sammy

I don't see why. Plasmas are about half what they were just 2 years
ago.

--

Game Junky wrote:
> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
> Here is the link
> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...

Sweet! Me wants now. It will be awesome just to see these in the Best
Buy and Circuit City show rooms. Drool...
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 2:58:37 AM

"Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
> Game Junky wrote:
> > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
to.
> > Here is the link

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

> > --
> > Jeremy
> > On the web at
> > http://home.insightbb.com/~gamejunky/
>
> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.

Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
August 9, 2005 4:01:41 AM

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
>> Game Junky wrote:
>> > Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3
>> > up
> to.
>> > Here is the link
>> >
> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
> g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jeremy
>> > On the web at
>> > http://home.insightbb.com/~gamejunky/
>>
>> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
>
> Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(

Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 11:54:35 AM

"Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
> > to.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
> > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

> >> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
> >
> > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
>
> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.

Samsung and Toshiba as good as a Sony?
LOL!
Thanks man, I needed a big smile to start off my day.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 3:58:56 PM

"Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message

> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
>> to.
>>> >
>> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
>> g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

>>> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
>>
>> Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
>
> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.

In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that as
a crutch for ignorance.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:59:45 PM

Game Junky wrote:
> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up to.
> Here is the link
> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...

So what?
Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
benefit to them will be moot.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 4:59:46 PM

"Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
> Game Junky wrote:
>> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
>> to.
>> Here is the link
>> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
>>

> So what?
> Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
> benefit to them will be moot.

Its more difficult than calibrating a vibrator so it may too be lost on you.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:26:02 PM

"Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
> Game Junky wrote:
>> Check it out First Sharp and now Sony have 1080p TVs to hook your PS3 up
>> to.
>> Here is the link
>> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
>
> So what?
> Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
> benefit to them will be moot.

End users can't calibrate most TVs, not because they are idiots, but rather
because there is no interface to properly calibrate it besides the service
mode.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:29:02 PM

>> > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
>>
>> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
>
> Samsung and Toshiba as good as a Sony?
> LOL!
> Thanks man, I needed a big smile to start off my day.

And, being as ignorant as you are, it's amazing you needed anything more
than to find that bug caught in your unbathed ball hair to put a smile on
your face as you crunched him up and swallowed him down.
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:30:02 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that
> as a crutch for ignorance.

WHat? Are you seriously saying that Sony is some quality TV manufacturer?
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 7:26:02 PM

>>>So what?
>>>Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
>>>benefit to them will be moot.
>>
>> End users can't calibrate most TVs, not because they are idiots, but
>> rather because there is no interface to properly calibrate it besides the
>> service mode.
>
> Sony WEGA's not only have the best image quality of any TV on the market

haha
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 8:42:15 PM

"Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that
>> as a crutch for ignorance.
>
> WHat? Are you seriously saying that Sony is some quality TV manufacturer?

Are you missing that the comparison was to Samsung and Toshiba?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:04:54 AM

> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
> > "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> In what world? Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use
that
> >> as a crutch for ignorance.
> >
> > WHat? Are you seriously saying that Sony is some quality TV
manufacturer?

> Are you missing that the comparison was to Samsung and Toshiba?

IMHO it has zero to do with any competitors name when it comes to the Qualia
line or any of Sony's top of the line video displays. Sony is top rung when
it comes to direct view crt's, movie projector CRT's (G90 twin stack - there
is no substitute) and their SXRD technology has no equal.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:06:42 AM

"Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
> Fred Liken wrote:
> > "Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message

>>>http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
ue&g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

> >>So what?
> >>Most idiots here don't even know how to calibrate a TV properly so the
> >>benefit to them will be moot.
> >

> > End users can't calibrate most TVs, not because they are idiots, but
rather
> > because there is no interface to properly calibrate it besides the
service
> > mode.
> >

> Sony WEGA's not only have the best image quality of any TV on the market

Agreed. Panasonic Tau is a very close 2nd though
August 10, 2005 3:17:27 AM

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message
>>
>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
>>> to.
>>>> >
>>> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
>>> g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

>>> Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
>>
>> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
>>

> In what world?

This one...or are you usually off on some other world that we're not aware
of?

>Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that as a crutch for
>ignorance.

Right, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand,
particularly since I rather like some of Sony's offerings. However, just
because a product has the Sony label on it doesn't mean it's automatically
superior to the competition.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 3:31:57 AM

Bill Cable <billcable@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see why. Plasmas are about half what they were just 2 years
> ago.

Yeah, and this set is a good $1k less than similar LCD-RP sets I was
looking at earlier this year.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:14:20 AM

> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.

Caution: Most (if not all) of these new 1080p sets are likely hybrids and
not true 1080p. The hybrids can only upconvert to 1080p whereas the the
true sets will be able to accept the 1080p signal natively. There has been
alot of discussion about this on avsforum.
August 10, 2005 2:44:54 PM

In article <uaOdnXrPbv2g_GTfRVn-3A@suscom.com>,
"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO it has zero to do with any competitors name when it comes to the Qualia
> line or any of Sony's top of the line video displays. Sony is top rung when
> it comes to direct view crt's, movie projector CRT's (G90 twin stack - there
> is no substitute) and their SXRD technology has no equal.

Well lets see what happens with Toshiba's SED.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 11:38:50 PM

> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Perfect" <picture@perfect> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

PS3

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...

> >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
> >>

> > In what world?
>
> This one...or are you usually off on some other world that we're not aware
> of?
>
> >Its one thing to dislike Sony but its another to use that as a crutch for
> >ignorance.
>
> Right, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand,
> particularly since I rather like some of Sony's offerings. However, just
> because a product has the Sony label on it doesn't mean it's automatically
> superior to the competition.

When it comes to Sony's top of the line video displays it does.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:07:59 PM

Perfect wrote:
> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
> > to.
> >> >
> > http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
> > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

> >> Samsung and Toshiba also just released new 1080p DLP TVs in 3 sizes.
> >
> > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
>
> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.

Exactly. Especially when Samsung is the best when it comes to DLP TVs.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:30:03 PM

> When it comes to Sony's top of the line video displays it does.

Perhaps in direct view.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 7:12:53 PM

In article <1123772879.515012.206750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
holleyrp@delanet.com says...

>Perfect wrote:
>> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Eiji Hayashi" <linm@mcmaster.ca> wrote in message
>> > to.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...
>> > g=147350&I=158SR60XBR#Tab

>> > Yeah but that's Samsung and Toshiba ;(
>>
>> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
>
>Exactly. Especially when Samsung is the best when it comes to DLP TVs.

Your kidding right? I have yet to really look into DLP TVs but I hated
Samsung's other products and have always had reliability issues with them.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 9:41:03 AM

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <1123772879.515012.206750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
> >

> >Perfect wrote:
> >> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cVPkq8z6hKU/cgi-bin/Prodvi...

> >> Right so they should be comprable to the Sony TV, if not better.
> >
> >Exactly. Especially when Samsung is the best when it comes to DLP TVs.
> >

> Your kidding right? I have yet to really look into DLP TVs but I hated
> Samsung's other products and have always had reliability issues with them.

No, I'm serious. From what reasearch I've done it seems Samsung is the
leader when it comes to DLP TVs.
!