Sign in with
Your question

Mobo not detecting HDD

Last response: in Systems
January 25, 2012 3:13:38 AM

So I just build a new rig today, I upgraded everything besides HDD and CD/DVD-R writer.

Now convienently the two pieces I didn't upgrade gave me issues.

First off the CD driver doesn't fit in, that's fine, I just have to take out my 560 GTX to use the sata cable because my mobo has the SATA cable right at the end of their PCI-E express slot.

The big issue is, when I start up my computer, everything works, I get the nice beep but then when I try to run XpressRecovery9 it says it cannot find my HDD.

Here's a picture of my HDD and the cables plugged in, I have one SATA cable plugged in to it and runs to the mobo and one power chord from the PSU.

Originally it was running by this red-flat headed cable that ran from it to my old mobo, it's labeled along the side AWM E156437 STYLE 2095 VW-1

Here's a picture of what it is plugged into the HDD right now.

There seems to be two other slots in which I can plug stuff into it but I don't see what could go there.

More about : mobo detecting hdd

January 25, 2012 7:17:36 AM

Is the HDD being recognized by the BIOS either on boot or in the BIOS settings? Have you tried swapping cables? Do you feel the drive spin up when you turn on the computer with a finger or two on top of the HDD? And what kind of drive is it?
m
l
January 25, 2012 7:56:27 AM

kevinlong said:

Here's a picture of what it is plugged into the HDD right now.

http://i.imgur.com/6F93S.jpg

There seems to be two other slots in which I can plug stuff into it but I don't see what could go there.

The look of your HDD seems odd. I have not seen any new HDD like it. In newer SATA HDD, the SATA data & power connectors sit beside each other.
What is the brand & model of your HDD? Is it SATA I?
m
l
!