Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Do gamers , that play on Pc have..

Last response: in Components
May 8, 2012 6:52:28 AM

Do gamers that play on PC use contrllers like the xbox 360 one,

for example if i were to build a gaming pc, i think i would feel berry uncomftable with the mouse and keyboard.

also if there is, can you link me to a couple of good ones.

More about : gamers play

Best solution

May 8, 2012 7:01:27 AM

Hello !

To answer your question, it depends. I, for one, prefer a keyboard/mouse combo when I play games on my computer and a controller when I'm on my Xbox 360.

My reason is simply that PC games (or PC versions of games) are usually designed with a keyboard/mouse in mind, so if you try to hook up a controller, it can make the gameplay harder.

As for good controllers...go with the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. You can't go wrong with that.

I hope this helped,
al360ex
May 8, 2012 7:04:09 AM

al360ex said:
Hello !

To answer your question, it depends. I, for one, prefer a keyboard/mouse combo when I play games on my computer and a controller when I'm on my Xbox 360.

My reason is simply that PC games (or PC versions of games) are usually designed with a keyboard/mouse in mind, so if you try to hook up a controller, it can make the gameplay harder.

As for good controllers...go with the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. You can't go wrong with that.

I hope this helped,
al360ex

yeah i know and thanks, BTW: there is always the option on the game to change the keyboard key's, or i think is in the Gaming controller.

BTW: wouldt they be any wireless controllers aswell?

isn't?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 7:07:13 AM

depending on the game go to options/control to remap the keyboard.

go looking to find a wireless but i haven't seen any.
m
l
May 8, 2012 7:48:09 AM

Saitek x58, for game controllers, imo there isn't much better, can be configured outside the game to mimick any number of keyboard/mouse buttons. Load the game and play. I find flight a pain with keyboard.
m
l
May 8, 2012 7:57:54 AM

noob2222 said:
Saitek x58, for game controllers, imo there isn't much better, can be configured outside the game to mimick any number of keyboard/mouse buttons. Load the game and play. I find flight a pain with keyboard.

dont mean to ofend, maybe i didt put it in the post i am talking about xbox games for pc or ps3 games aswell...

and yes i seen the controller u tell me my used to played that he is actually enrolling on a university for fliying planes and stuff like that , that is his goal.
m
l
May 8, 2012 8:09:36 AM

juniiflow said:
Do gamers that play on PC use contrllers like the xbox 360 one,

for example if i were to build a gaming pc, i think i would feel berry uncomftable with the mouse and keyboard.

also if there is, can you link me to a couple of good ones.

Just go with XBOX 360 controllers. There are cable & wireless. Please be careful when you buy the wireless version because an XBOX 360 wireless controller for PC should have a USB wireless dongle with it. Some wireless XBOX controllers do not have because they are intended for XBOX which already have built in wireless receiver.

XBOX Controllers are comfortable for sandbox or platform games ( a lot of jumping like Prototype, Assassins Creed, Avatar) and RPG's like Skyrim.
But its not good for shooter ( left for dead, crysis, dead space ) due to loose control & difficulty to aim. Mouse & keypad are best for these kinds of games.
m
l
May 8, 2012 8:15:01 AM

i think for COD you cannot play with a keyboard, i think i would smash them evretime they kill me lol.
m
l
May 8, 2012 8:15:19 AM

Best answer selected by juniiflow.
m
l
May 8, 2012 9:41:52 AM

juniiflow said:
dont mean to ofend, maybe i didt put it in the post i am talking about xbox games for pc or ps3 games aswell...

and yes i seen the controller u tell me my used to played that he is actually enrolling on a university for fliying planes and stuff like that , that is his goal.

I didn't like flying in BF 3 with the keyboard, especially the helicopter, its not for just flight sim. Was just my input on the subject that even though its not a "xbox" style controller, it can still be used as one. Interesting enough the x52 will work on the ps3, but some buttons are off.

Just for fun I actually mapped the x52 for minecraft, so it will work for any ps3/xbox game on the pc.
m
l
!