Sign in with
Your question

Looks like comments aren't being posted

Last response: in Forum Feedback
March 1, 2011 12:33:39 PM

Team Tom's,

It looks like user comments/feedback aren't getting posted to news items. I know I posted something earlier this morning where it appeared to be the first comment. I submitted, but nothing showed up. Checked again later and there were a couple postings, but not mine. Took a look around and there seems to be a problem overall.

Thanks!

Hugs and kisses,
COLGeek

More about : comments posted

March 1, 2011 1:15:09 PM

Are you getting an error of some kind, or your comments that appear to go through just aren't showing up?
March 1, 2011 1:19:56 PM

No error, just appears that comments aren't getting posted when users submit them.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 1, 2011 2:13:46 PM

I can confirm the same thing. I just tried 2 test posts on the thread listed above, and it still shows no comments.

March 1, 2011 5:02:07 PM

Might be the junk filter gone wild. Is this only happening on Tom's Guide, or is this happening here on Tom's Hardware?
March 1, 2011 5:17:56 PM

jpishgar said:
Might be the junk filter gone wild. Is this only happening on Tom's Guide, or is this happening here on Tom's Hardware?

I just tried one on Tom's Hardware (the one with Sood and his comment about execs using Apple) and saw the same behavior.
March 1, 2011 5:22:20 PM

Initially this did fail, but now seems to have been posted (along with many more). When I posted a few minutes ago, no postings were present at that time.
March 1, 2011 5:24:15 PM

This may have been a glitch, but I've reported it to developers.
March 1, 2011 5:26:25 PM

jpishgar said:
This may have been a glitch, but I've reported it to developers.

I am sure this was a fairly widespread thing this morning. Having read through several news threads, lots of comments about missing messages/posts/whining/sniveling....

Thanks and have a HOOAH day!!!
March 1, 2011 6:58:10 PM

My test posts in that TG article above, are now showing. It seems like it kept all the posts, it just took a while to get them to show up.
March 1, 2011 7:03:27 PM

aford10 said:
My test posts in that TG article above, are now showing. It seems like it kept all the posts, it just took a while to get them to show up.

This does seem to be the case.

Funny, when I went back to look at a previous thread (Sood article), everything was there and then gone again on a subsequent check.

Just glad folks are working it.

HOOAH!!!
March 2, 2011 2:14:13 AM

I've tried posting a comment on a couple of news stories now and all it does is refresh the page and doesn't post the comment.
March 2, 2011 12:57:44 PM

Should be back to normal now. Please let me know if it is still giving anyone issues.
March 3, 2011 2:54:40 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted. The articles just weren't the same without all the spam at the bottom :D 

Seriously though, thanks for keeping us in the loop.
March 3, 2011 1:01:14 PM

Not a prob! Thanks for helping out with troubleshooting the issue. :) 
March 3, 2011 1:07:51 PM

This is why Tom's "works". People help make it a worthwhile place to exchange ideas and to help others. A big "HOOAH!!!" to all who keep it running. Thanks!!!
!