Graphic lag maybe something with the network

MarcusABS

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
Well I have problems with Graphic lag in some games. Especially Lord of the rings online. When I played it 1, 5 yeah ago there was no lag but since I have reinstalled my computer. From every person in the game including my character there comes graphic lag out of them. I have tried many things such as installing new drivers and uninstalling all of my other Graphic drivers but nothing works. I just read something about that my internet connection could have something to do with the graphic lag? In the character maker I also had lag but I turned something called: "Engine Speed" from Very High to High and it disappeared. Unfortunate not in the actual game. Someone who can help?

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
could be your isp. it may also be the network adaptor. try finding out what type adaptor it is. eg 10 MB, 100 MB, 1GB, also full or half duplex makes a difference. full being faster. and the higher number being faster. also try bypasing the router if there is one or try to replace it with a layer 3 switch. also make sure that all your network cables are the same or beter rating. eg cat 5& cat 5e. they will run at the speed of the slowest cable. cat 5E prefered.
this may help you also click start, run type command.com, then type ping www.the site of the game.com like this ping www.secondlife.com. if this dont help come back here tell more about your isp then maybey you can get more info.