Networking troubles

raf bomber

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Hello,I am having trouble with my network. See diagram for reference.

14kh4xs.png

Everything was working fine up until last night, while I wasn't home my brother plugged a network device into the WAN of the DLink wireless router which had been turned into a wireless switch by turning the DHCP ans UPnP off. The internet then stopped working and all devices attached to the Wireless switch showed the network error "Limited network Access"

So far I have done a factory reset on the Dlink and tried setting up as it was before but when i plug the vodafone wireless modem/router into the Dlink, devices attached to the Dlink wont connect to the internet and also they wont connect to the vodafone wireless modem router.

So i opened up the CMD and ran arp -a and it showed that 192.168.1.1 (which is the ip of the vodafone router) is invalid.

What is wrong with the switch? how do i get it to work again?

Note: The router are at opposite ends of the house (About 30m) and I had the DLink before I got the Vodafone Modem/Router so that's why I have this set-up

Reset the vodafone router and also the modem to the ISP. Fix one thing at a time. You say you can't get on the Vodapfone as well as the Dlink, so take out the Dlink out of the equation and get the basic connectins working. Unhook the Dlink and just connect to the Vodafone router.

TRENDING THREADS