S. Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
63 answers Last reply
More about korean dies hours computer games

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:52:36 -0400, "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

    PWNT!
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    erico wrote in his subject line:

    > S. Korean man dies after 50 hours of computer games

    Lightweight.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

    "presume the cause of the death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion"

    Come again?
    --
    Charles C. Shyu
    http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

    erico wrote:
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

    PWNED!
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> in
    b8CdnZ2dnZ1F7DCrnZ2dnfTAZN-dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

    what was the previous record before this? 48hours?

    --
    The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Fizzlestix wrote:
    > this was big news when it happened in 2002...
    >
    > funny, the name, age, and number of hours have been changed, but it's
    > the same urban myth year after year...
    >
    > read here:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/7f56h

    Sure, it's happened before, but that doesn't mean it's an urban legend.

    Do you have a source that says it's an urban legend, because I can't
    find one. I use www.snopes.com usually.
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > You think Reuters got scammed? You'd think they'd fact
    > check before
    > sending it out on the wires.
    >
    > --
    > Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    > http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    > cable@creaturecantina.com

    It reads like a story planted by the Korean government as a
    sort of morality tale. "Don't quit your job. Don't play
    too many video games. Remain a productive member of
    society. Or else you'll DIE!"
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Robin" <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> You think Reuters got scammed? You'd think they'd fact check before
    >> sending it out on the wires.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    >> http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    >> cable@creaturecantina.com
    >>

    > It reads like a story planted by the Korean government as a sort of
    > morality tale. "Don't quit your job. Don't play too many video games.
    > Remain a productive member of society. Or else you'll DIE!"

    Wrong side of the 38th.
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Fred Liken wrote:
    > "Robin" <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>You think Reuters got scammed? You'd think they'd fact check before
    >>>sending it out on the wires.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    >>>http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    >>>cable@creaturecantina.com
    >>>

    >>It reads like a story planted by the Korean government as a sort of
    >>morality tale. "Don't quit your job. Don't play too many video games.
    >>Remain a productive member of society. Or else you'll DIE!"
    >

    > Wrong side of the 38th.

    Not necessarily. South Korea has a long track record with that line of
    thinking too. Perhaps they're trying to reinvigorate the Confucian
    spirit, translated to English; bust your ass for your country and don't
    expect any (material) thing in return.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> wrote:
    >http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

    Only 50 hours? That's barely 2 days. Sissy.
    I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> writes:

    > I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.

    Remember to increase difficulty by not eating or drinking anything.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote:
    > "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
    >
    > Only 50 hours? That's barely 2 days. Sissy.
    > I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.

    No, you need government protection. I propose we ban all videogames.

    Think of the children.

    --
    Send mail to fadden@fadden.com (Andy McFadden) - http://www.fadden.com/
    CD-Recordable FAQ - http://www.cdrfaq.org/

    Jordan wrote:
    > After about 30 to 36 hours I get really punchy from sleep deprivation.
    > Solid objects tend to take on a wavy quality like seeing ripples on the
    > surface of a pond.

    What about corrugated steel -- what does it look like in such a state?
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > After about 30 to 36 hours I get really punchy from sleep deprivation.
    > Solid objects tend to take on a wavy quality like seeing ripples on the
    > surface of a pond.

    sur ur not brakng teh matrix?
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Andy McFadden" <fadden@fadden.com> wrote in message
    > In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza>
    > wrote:
    >> "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
    >>
    >> Only 50 hours? That's barely 2 days. Sissy.
    >> I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.
    >
    > No, you need government protection. I propose we ban all videogames.
    >
    > Think of the children.

    Well done, future senator.

    Thusly Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <jadedgamer@hotmail.com> Spake Unto All:

    >> I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.
    >
    >Remember to increase difficulty by not eating or drinking anything.

    Would still not kill you. You would start hallucinating and likely
    suffer a psychotic episode from the sleep deprivation, but you
    wouldn't die unless there were other factors involved.

    You need to throw in a hereditary heart condition or weak blood
    vessels in the brain, and ideally couple it with obesity and alcohol,
    to have a decent chance of dying.

    The take-home message here isn't really that excessive gaming kills,
    but that if you have a health problem, possibly unknown to you, and
    submit yourself to any kind of stress, there's a chance you'll die.
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 10 Aug 2005 16:53:39 +0200, Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
    <jadedgamer@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> writes:
    >
    >> I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.
    >
    >Remember to increase difficulty by not eating or drinking anything.

    And no urinating!

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >Quoth The Raven "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> in
    >b8CdnZ2dnZ1F7DCrnZ2dnfTAZN-dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com
    >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
    >
    >what was the previous record before this? 48hours?

    I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>Quoth The Raven "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> in
    >>b8CdnZ2dnZ1F7DCrnZ2dnfTAZN-dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com
    >>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
    >>
    >>what was the previous record before this? 48hours?
    >
    > I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.

    You're not Korean, are you?
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.

    Playing with yourself doesn't count.
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in
    message news:42fa5211$0$37109$bb4e3ad8@newscene.com...
    > "Robin" <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bill Cable" <billcable@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> You think Reuters got scammed? You'd think they'd fact
    >>> check before
    >>> sending it out on the wires.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
    >>> http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!
    >>> cable@creaturecantina.com
    >>>

    >> It reads like a story planted by the Korean government as
    >> a sort of morality tale. "Don't quit your job. Don't
    >> play too many video games. Remain a productive member of
    >> society. Or else you'll DIE!"
    >
    > Wrong side of the 38th.

    Certainly you aren't implying that only communist
    governments plant stories in the media?
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    >>> It reads like a story planted by the Korean government as a sort of
    >>> morality tale. "Don't quit your job. Don't play too many video games.
    >>> Remain a productive member of society. Or else you'll DIE!"
    >>
    >> Wrong side of the 38th.
    >
    > Certainly you aren't implying that only communist governments plant
    > stories in the media?

    You're right. My bad.
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Robin wrote:

    > Certainly you aren't implying that only communist
    > governments plant stories in the media?

    No, but have you ever read some articles from North Korea on Kim Jong
    Il? I'm sure his Nobel Peace Prize is on the way.

    Swi
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> in
    olrjf1tn0v8o8iol7duqk2ru4qh6j0cvlj@4ax.com
    > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>Quoth The Raven "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> in
    >>b8CdnZ2dnZ1F7DCrnZ2dnfTAZN-dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com
    >>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/korea_games_dc;_ylt=AiGK7UJEjMqiX9jdxoOO42ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-
    >>
    >>what was the previous record before this? 48hours?
    >
    > I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.

    but many will complain you're still alive, I was looking to see how long the
    previous guy stayed upright before he died.

    --
    As a matter of principle I never attend the first annual anything.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > After about 30 to 36 hours I get really punchy from sleep deprivation.
    > Solid objects tend to take on a wavy quality like seeing ripples on the
    > surface of a pond.

    I start seeing stereotypical Grim Reaper figures, complete with black robes
    and scythes in my peripheral vision when I'm sleep deprived. Mentioned that
    to a former cow-orker of mine once. He suggested not telling too many
    people about that.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote:
    >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    >> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>>Quoth The Raven "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> in
    >>>b8CdnZ2dnZ1F7DCrnZ2dnfTAZN-dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com
    >>>
    >>>what was the previous record before this? 48hours?
    >>
    >> I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.
    >
    >You're not Korean, are you?

    No it's my pure white man blood that keeps me going!
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <jadedgamer@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> writes:
    >
    >> I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.
    >
    >Remember to increase difficulty by not eating or drinking anything.

    I could totally do that too. It's not like you expend much energy or
    sweat while gaming.
    For $50,000 I would try it.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Bateau wrote:

    > I could totally do that too. It's not like you expend much energy or
    > sweat while gaming.
    > For $50,000 I would try it.

    No, but what will most likely happen is blood clots will form in your legs
    from being motionless for long periods of time and eventually they move to
    the brain, where they will kill you. I doubt this guy died from exhaustion
    like the article implied.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >Thusly Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <jadedgamer@hotmail.com> Spake Unto All:
    >
    >>> I reckon I could game for more than 50 hours and manage not to die.
    >>
    >>Remember to increase difficulty by not eating or drinking anything.
    >
    >Would still not kill you. You would start hallucinating and likely
    >suffer a psychotic episode from the sleep deprivation, but you
    >wouldn't die unless there were other factors involved.

    Sleep deprivation only sends you nuts if it's 2 weeks or something.

    >You need to throw in a hereditary heart condition or weak blood
    >vessels in the brain, and ideally couple it with obesity and alcohol,
    >to have a decent chance of dying.
    >
    >The take-home message here isn't really that excessive gaming kills,
    >but that if you have a health problem, possibly unknown to you, and
    >submit yourself to any kind of stress, there's a chance you'll die.
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >After about 30 to 36 hours I get really punchy from sleep deprivation.
    >Solid objects tend to take on a wavy quality like seeing ripples on the
    >surface of a pond.

    I like it when I've been reading websites for ages and then when I look
    at anything else it has lots of light and dark horizontal stripes all
    over it hahahahaha. Or when I've been playing Minesweeper for hours and
    I keep setting up imaginary mine fields in anything that is vaguely
    square. Or I try to drop tetrinet blocks in them.
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On 10 Aug 2005 09:38:03 -0500, "Fred Liken"
    <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> dared speak in front of ME:

    >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    >> "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote:
    >>>Quoth The Raven "erico" <emolsen@comcast.net> in
    >>>b8CdnZ2dnZ1F7DCrnZ2dnfTAZN-dnZ2dRVn-yp2dnZ0@comcast.com
    >>>
    >>>what was the previous record before this? 48hours?
    >>
    >> I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.
    >
    >You're not Korean, are you?

    You're not Klan, are you?

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Kaos" <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in message

    >>You're not Korean, are you?
    >
    > You're not Klan, are you?

    Oh! YOU GOT ME! KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE ^_-!

    Why are you so touchy, bitch? Leave me alone!
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "USAF LM" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Robin wrote:
    >
    >> Certainly you aren't implying that only communist
    >> governments plant stories in the media?
    >
    > No, but have you ever read some articles from North Korea
    > on Kim Jong Il? I'm sure his Nobel Peace Prize is on the
    > way.
    >
    > Swi

    Yes, 11 holes in one on the first round of golf he ever
    played, AMAZING!
  34. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> in
    zeBKe.8334$yH2.374264@news20.bellglobal.com
    > "Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> After about 30 to 36 hours I get really punchy from sleep
    >> deprivation. Solid objects tend to take on a wavy quality like
    >> seeing ripples on the surface of a pond.
    >
    > I start seeing stereotypical Grim Reaper figures, complete with black
    > robes and scythes in my peripheral vision when I'm sleep deprived.
    > Mentioned that to a former cow-orker of mine once. He suggested not
    > telling too many people about that.

    you have to watch "dead like me" if you havent already

    --
    Chain Tagline. Steal and add one to this number: 13

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  35. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

    > you have to watch "dead like me" if you havent already

    Fun show. Too bad it got cancelled.
  36. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > "USAF LM" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >> Robin wrote:
    >>
    >>> Certainly you aren't implying that only communist governments plant
    >>> stories in the media?
    >>
    >> No, but have you ever read some articles from North Korea on Kim Jong Il?
    >> I'm sure his Nobel Peace Prize is on the way.
    >>
    >> Swi
    >
    > Yes, 11 holes in one on the first round of golf he ever played, AMAZING!

    I didn't hear about that one. I got 12...
  37. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote:
    >>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message

    >>> I've gamed for 40 hours and felt fine.
    >>
    >>You're not Korean, are you?
    >
    > No it's my pure white man blood that keeps me going!

    Yes, well preserved from all the pringles, beer, and twinkies...
  38. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > The signs are pain in the leg area, heat emanating from the area, and
    > tenderness to the touch.

    That's what *SHE* said!
  39. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Robin <robinandtami@nospam.com> wrote:

    > No, it's called DVT, or deep veined thrombosis. It is a
    > blood clot, usually in the calf area that results from the
    > lower legs being motionless for long periods of time.
    > That's why, if you've ever had surgery, they made you wear
    > those funny hoses massage your legs. The signs are pain in
    > the leg area, heat emanating from the area, and tenderness
    > to the touch.

    Actually, in my case they just made me get and walk around a bit.

    Owwie owwie owwie. Barely a day after my appendectomy - back when they
    still used a scapel, instead of the little orthoscope thingie.
  40. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@look.ca> in
    mhKKe.17899$6d4.1224547@news20.bellglobal.com
    > "Highlandish" <ckreskay_CURSEING@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    >> you have to watch "dead like me" if you havent already
    >
    > Fun show. Too bad it got cancelled.

    it did? I've downloaded the first 2 eps. now I'll have to get the rest

    --
    A closed mind is like a sealed room - It's going to get awfully stuffy.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  41. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    >> Fun show. Too bad it got cancelled.
    >
    > it did? I've downloaded the first 2 eps. now I'll have to get the rest

    I *think* so. I remember seeing something about that on imdb or a site like
    it at one point. I'd check the show's official site, but Showtime doesn't
    seem to let people from outside the US view their page.
  42. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > No, but what will most likely happen is blood clots will form in your legs
    > from being motionless for long periods of time and eventually they move to
    > the brain, where they will kill you. I doubt this guy died from exhaustion
    > like the article implied.

    Blood clots in your legs go to your lungs, not your brain. It's a DVT (deep
    vein thrombosis) that causes an embolus that causes a PE (pulmonary
    embolus). Can be deadly. I would recommend, um, moving your legs every
    once in a while if you plan on playing video games for 50 straight hours.
    --
    Charles C. Shyu
    http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html
  43. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Charles C. Shyu" <charles_shyu@nymc.edu> wrote in message

    >> No, but what will most likely happen is blood clots will form in your
    >> legs
    >> from being motionless for long periods of time and eventually they move
    >> the brain, where they will kill you. I doubt this guy died from
    >> exhaustion
    >> like the article implied.
    >
    > Blood clots in your legs go to your lungs, not your brain. It's a DVT
    > (deep vein thrombosis) that causes an embolus that causes a PE (pulmonary
    > embolus). Can be deadly. I would recommend, um, moving your legs every
    > once in a while if you plan on playing video games for 50 straight hours.

    It said he went to the bathroom. That's not enough?
  44. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:39:51 -0400, Paul Fedorenko wrote:

    > I'd check the show's official site, but Showtime doesn't
    > seem to let people from outside the US view their page.

    They must have completely missed the point of "the internet".

    M.
  45. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote:

    >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    >> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote:
    >>>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message

    >>>You're not Korean, are you?
    >>
    >> No it's my pure white man blood that keeps me going!
    >
    >Yes, well preserved from all the pringles, beer, and twinkies...

    I don't touch alcohol and we don't have twinkies in Australia. But
    pringles r great!!!111111111111
  46. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message

    >>> No it's my pure white man blood that keeps me going!
    >>
    >>Yes, well preserved from all the pringles, beer, and twinkies...
    >
    > I don't touch alcohol and we don't have twinkies in Australia. But
    > pringles r great!!!111111111111

    Don't touch alcohol?!? You're not a real man. Sheesh, until you've puked
    your guts out on beer, you're still just a pre-pubescent boy...
  47. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:
    >Bateau wrote:
    >
    >> I could totally do that too. It's not like you expend much energy or
    >> sweat while gaming.
    >> For $50,000 I would try it.
    >
    >No, but what will most likely happen is blood clots will form in your legs
    >from being motionless for long periods of time and eventually they move to
    >the brain, where they will kill you. I doubt this guy died from exhaustion
    >like the article implied.

    Yeah like it's hard to move your legs once in a while.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote:

    >"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message
    >> "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message

    >>>Yes, well preserved from all the pringles, beer, and twinkies...
    >>
    >> I don't touch alcohol and we don't have twinkies in Australia. But
    >> pringles r great!!!111111111111
    >
    >Don't touch alcohol?!? You're not a real man. Sheesh, until you've puked
    >your guts out on beer, you're still just a pre-pubescent boy...

    I am a manly man.
  49. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Bateau wrote:
    > "HockeyTownUSA" <cyberpilot at gmail dot com> wrote:
    >
    >>"Bateau" <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> wrote in message

    >>>I don't touch alcohol and we don't have twinkies in Australia. But
    >>>pringles r great!!!111111111111
    >>
    >>Don't touch alcohol?!? You're not a real man. Sheesh, until you've puked
    >>your guts out on beer, you're still just a pre-pubescent boy...
    >

    > I am a manly man.

    Victoria's Bitter and XXXX.....mmmmmm.... I like Australian beer :)

Console Gaming IBM Xbox Computers Video RPG Sony Games Video Games