Can't switch to "administrator" desktop account

I tried to open up another account for my brother in law
to use on my computer. I had been using the
default "administrator" (computer administrator)
account. When I created a new account through control
panel, I was forced to open a second computer
administrator account "Rey". I then created a password
for the "administrator" account. I was able to switch
back and force between the two accounts. Then I
shutdown. When I restarted, only Rey was available,
and "administrator " was lost. The "Rey" desktop has
nothing on it.

Does any one know how I can get back to my original
desktop settings?

Thanks

Ron

Rey - I assume you are using the "friendly" login with pictures on the
right-hand part of the screen next to login name choices?

To get to the "true" Administrator account simply do a "Ctrl-Alt-delete"
twice at that screen, you should see a "standard" login screen appear. Enter
'Administrator' as the username and then the password you assigned it.

Note - you cannot do this trick while signed on as any other user or while
any other user has application running - I.e. Administrator can only log in
to the system if it is the only local account active.

Hope this helps.

"Rey" wrote:

> I tried to open up another account for my brother in law
> to use on my computer. I had been using the
> default "administrator" (computer administrator)
> account. When I created a new account through control
> panel, I was forced to open a second computer
> administrator account "Rey". I then created a password
> for the "administrator" account. I was able to switch
> back and force between the two accounts. Then I
> shutdown. When I restarted, only Rey was available,
> and "administrator " was lost. The "Rey" desktop has
> nothing on it.
>
> Does any one know how I can get back to my original
> desktop settings?
>
> Thanks

Ron

Oops - realized in my first post that I may not have answered your question
directly - here goes try #2:

While logged in as Administrator (see previous post) open Windows Explorer
and navigate to C:\documents and settings - copy the contents of the
Administrator\Desktop folder into the Rey\Desktop folder, that should
transfer any shortcuts or files you had there - you may also want to do that
to the cookies, start menu, and copying the Administrator's Documents into
Rey's Documents.

Hope that helps more than before...