Status
Not open for further replies.

sowexly

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
I just put my new build together and after moving my case around from a friends house and back my computer will shutdown for no reason and the fix is to open it up and wiggle my 24-pin around.

I thought maybe it was out of slack so I checked but it seems fine.
Any advice/ideas?

Solution
The 24-pin should clip on, so if that is actually fixing something I would look at the 24-pin plug and see if any of the wires are trying to back out of it. It also wouldn't hurt to tripple check all other connections are solid...
The 24-pin should clip on, so if that is actually fixing something I would look at the 24-pin plug and see if any of the wires are trying to back out of it. It also wouldn't hurt to tripple check all other connections are solid...

Solution

sowexly

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
It's quite random and when I wiggle it around I don't think the connector moves too much it is clipped on very solid, almost impossible to take off but that could be because it is @a 90 degree angle (EVGA Z68 FTW)

I can try to unplug it and see if that helps (wish me luck)

sowexly

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010

Well taking a closer look it looks like one end of it was a little out which is weird because the clip is perfectly tight, this might fix it but wiggling it shouldn't reach to the PSU because it's going through two grommets in my case (800D)

Status
Not open for further replies.