Verizon Wireless vs Cingular - coverage?

Last response: in Technologies
a b F Wireless
October 28, 2004 11:26:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.cdma (More info?)

Now that Cingular and Verizon Wireless are the two largest US
competitors, how does _coverage_ from Cingular, with its GSM, compare
to VZW, with its CDMA?
Also, how does the customer service from each stack up? I've had
horrific experiences with Cingular, though steller help from VZW, both
in-store and on the phone.

Cingular claims to be the largest company, but if it is customer-based
opposed to coverage, then it only looks good from a marketing point of
view.

GSM users of Cingular at ATTWS, please post (and, if you could, email
me directly, too), your experiences now that the merger is complete.

Thank you.

Scott
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 30, 2004 5:04:56 AM

"Scott Ehrlich" <scott@ehrlichtronics.com> wrote in message
> Now that Cingular and Verizon Wireless are the two largest US
> competitors, how does _coverage_ from Cingular, with its GSM, compare
> to VZW, with its CDMA?
> Also, how does the customer service from each stack up? I've had
> horrific experiences with Cingular, though steller help from VZW, both
> in-store and on the phone.
>
> Cingular claims to be the largest company, but if it is customer-based
> opposed to coverage, then it only looks good from a marketing point of
> view.
>
> GSM users of Cingular at ATTWS, please post (and, if you could, email
> me directly, too), your experiences now that the merger is complete.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Scott

Seeing as this relates to Verizon, you could
also post to alt.cellular.verizon

--
Andrew D. Sisson
!