Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Wireless Router
  • Netgear
  • Modem
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 8, 2011 4:13:24 PM

I got a NetGear DGND3300 Wireless Router Modem 3300 Dual Band from eBay only to find it will only work in USA.
Any ideas on how I might get this to work in Europe (Spain)

Regards
Freeradical

More about : netgear dgnd3300 wireless router modem 3300 dual band

May 8, 2011 4:26:59 PM

are you talking about the power supply?
May 8, 2011 4:35:08 PM

Emerald said:
are you talking about the power supply?

No the the power supply is ok. But in the router configuration I only have USA showing as an option in the configuration menu.
Is there any way I can get this router to give me other country options ie: Spain.

Thanks for replying to my original post.

Regards
Freeradical
Related resources
May 8, 2011 6:36:05 PM

is that for the configuration of the wireless? just use Ch 3-11 which valid anywhere in the world.

have you checked if there is a firmware update available?

you might have to see if there is a equivalent model for Europe
May 8, 2011 7:20:50 PM

Emerald said:
is that for the configuration of the wireless? just use Ch 3-11 which valid anywhere in the world.

have you checked if there is a firmware update available?

you might have to see if there is a equivalent model for Europe

No I can't get it to connect to adsl line.

is it possible to connect it to a working g router that will connect and get n features of the netgear router.

New to this so sorry if my questions are silly.

Again thank you for trying to help me.

Regards
Freeradical
May 8, 2011 7:37:20 PM

Yes

setup the wireless security

disable DHCP and change the LAN IP to match the IP scheme to match the main router's IP however ending in 253. So if your main router's IP is 192.168.1.1 then change the Netgear's IP to 192.168.1.253

now connect the Netgear to the main router via network cable. You might want to disable the wireless on the main router
May 8, 2011 8:30:13 PM

Emerald said:
Yes

disable DHCP and change the LAN IP to match the IP scheme to match the main router's IP however ending in 253. So if your main router's IP is 192.168.1.1 then change the Netgear's IP to 192.168.1.253

now connect the Netgear to the main router via network cable. You might want to disable the wireless on the main router

I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Freeradical
May 14, 2011 1:11:53 PM

Emerald said:
Yes

I got it to work at last not too sure what I did but backed up the configuration just in case.

Thanks again for all your help.

Freeradical
!