Empty Windows Task Manager

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Greetings,

I'm running ZoneAlarm, SpyBot, Spy Sweeper yet since last
night, when I go to Windows Task Manager (ALT+CTRL+DEL),
everything is blank! It's got to be some malware . . .
because I can run everything, so processes/tasks are
there!

Can anybody help please?

Thanks a lot!

Dan,

Can you see the running tasks from System Information\Software
Environment\Running Task? If
so check the path on all of them to verify they should be there. If you find
any that should not be, look up the files
on Google for uninstall instructions.

"Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I'm running ZoneAlarm, SpyBot, Spy Sweeper yet since last
> night, when I go to Windows Task Manager (ALT+CTRL+DEL),
> everything is blank! It's got to be some malware . . .
> because I can run everything, so processes/tasks are
> there!
>
> Can anybody help please?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Dan--

Try these:

Line 113 Left--Enable/Disable/Repair TM

Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD (Line 275)

Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)

And from Kelly's A to Z:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm

Check your settings here: For Pro

Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative
Templates/System/Crtl+Alt+Del Options. In the right pane double click Remove
Task Manager and enable it.

See the rest of Kelly's Task Manager article in A-Z by going to the "T" Link
and run a viral scan, because viruses are well known to sometimes mess with
TM.

Chad Harris