Faulty Motherboard?

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Hey guys, I got my new motherboard about a month ago, its just a crappy Asrock one, But even though it is cheap it should still work fine, but it doesn't. A few times when I have been the bios it has crashed and then last night I was sweating it out on Mass Effect 3 when the computer just shut down, it then attempted to start up but then shut down again, it kept on repeating this, the fans would start whirring then just stop. I tried clearing the cmos and after I did that it would boot up and then ask me if i wanted to go in to safe mode etc but when I click on anything it just shuts down again, I tried installing a new os but then it gives me an error "-----.dll is not installed" or something like that. Now, the ram I currently have is not supported by the motherboard and was giving me a lot of bluescreens but for the last week or so I have been on xp 32 bit and it has worked fine. So what im wondering is, does this sound like a motherboard issue or could it just be the ram?

Cheers
--------------------------

seumas_beathan

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
not heat, i have the stock intel heatsink and i have nothing overclocked, i also have 3 case fans, i tested it with ram it supports and it still didnt work, as for the psu, its a pretty decent thermeltake 500w one that i got off a mate he had it running on better more power hungry systems fine