Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What power supply for 2 560 Ti's?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 26, 2011 5:11:27 PM

Hello i was just wondering what power supply i would need for 2 560 ti's i currently have a Corsiar tx650....

More about : power supply 560

a c 91 Î Nvidia
a c 80 ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:28:21 PM

I would go with a 750w or higher and the reason I say higher is not because it needs it but because if you have a psu that is over the minimum requirement then there is no problem having too much but if you try to get the minimum requirement then there is the possibility that you may be too low and then that could be a problem. With so many psu manufacturers the psu's are not all the same and some are better than others , for that reason I always get too much of a psu since if you don't need it it doesn't matter.
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:28:50 PM

I'm using a HX620 to run SLi'd GTX560Ti's.
Related resources
November 26, 2011 5:29:27 PM

A TX or HX 750 would be great, your current PSU may be alright for 560Ti SLI, but personally I would get a 750w.
November 26, 2011 5:35:07 PM

Ok thanks alot, i will get a 750 modular. is there a certain brand i should go for?
a c 91 Î Nvidia
a c 80 ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:35:20 PM

A single 560Ti has a minimum psu requirement of 500w and the card will draw 170w so that puts the minimum psu requirement up to a 670w so thats why I said a 750w psu or higher depending on your budget amount.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Continuous Power Supply
$79.99 and a $25 rebate with free shipping= $54.99

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-900 900W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
$139.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:38:39 PM

inzone said:
A single 560Ti has a minimum psu requirement of 500w and the card will draw 170w so that puts the minimum psu requirement up to a 670w so thats why I said a 750w psu or higher depending on your budget amount.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Antec EarthWatts Series EA-750 Green 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Continuous Power Supply
$79.99 and a $25 rebate with free shipping= $54.99

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-900 900W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
$139.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Now you are talking total cobblers! The minimum PSU requirement includes the amount the card will use.
November 26, 2011 5:39:02 PM

2 GTx580s dont even use more than 800watts
Check this because they show the power consumption but it may vary depends what hardware you have...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5148/puget-systems-deluge...

EDIT: If you OC, it can be a problem but not so much as they have the CPU OCed but I dont know how far they OCed their CPU...
November 26, 2011 5:40:39 PM

I will buy that 900W one but im in the UK so ive got to find it now but thanks alot for your help. :) 
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:41:55 PM

xdnbkingx said:
I will buy that 900W one but im in the UK so ive got to find it now but thanks alot for your help. :) 

Why on earth would you consider a 900w PSU for SLi'd 560's?
November 26, 2011 5:43:22 PM

xdnbkingx said:
I will buy that 900W one but im in the UK so ive got to find it now but thanks alot for your help. :) 

I would never bother with 900watts until i get to the SLI 580s lmsao lol...
November 26, 2011 5:44:59 PM

legendkiller said:
2 GTx580s dont even use more than 800watts
Check this because they show the power consumption but it may vary depends what hardware you have...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5148/puget-systems-deluge...

EDIT: If you OC, it can be a problem but not so much as they have the CPU OCed but I dont know how far they OCed their CPU...



So i have an i5 2500. and it will only pull 453watt on load? thats not alot and this will work with my system?

Intel i5 2500 3.30ghz
corsair tx650
asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8gb ram corsiar
2x 560 ti
a c 91 Î Nvidia
a c 80 ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:45:11 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Now you are talking total cobblers! The minimum PSU requirement includes the amount the card will use.


The minimum psu acording to the details page of the psu is 500w and it will draw 170w from that , so if you add another 560Ti that brings the minimum psu rating up to 670w and the two cards will draw 340w from that. I thought I was being clear in my post about that but maybe I wasn't , I was not trying to say that you needed a 670w psu for one card.
November 26, 2011 5:50:26 PM

inzone said:
The minimum psu acording to the details page of the psu is 500w and it will draw 170w from that , so if you add another 560Ti that brings the minimum psu rating up to 670w and the two cards will draw 340w from that. I thought I was being clear in my post about that but maybe I wasn't , I was not trying to say that you needed a 670w psu for one card.

It's based on hardware, not the spec they tell ya... I could have a 65W CPU(Basically this will go into Ivy Bridge) and 2 GTx 560Ti with 400watts PSU and still runs it...
November 26, 2011 5:52:45 PM

xdnbkingx said:
So i have an i5 2500. and it will only pull 453watt on load? thats not alot and this will work with my system?

Intel i5 2500 3.30ghz
corsair tx650
asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8gb ram corsiar
2x 560 ti

Since you have a 2500(Not K series right?) than the Power Load should be around the 400watts, an i7 2600k OC to 4.5-4.8GHz uses about 200watts from the stock 95Watts which is huge... 400Watts dont really matters and it may vary but you got a 650Watts so it should be fine and just go with it...
a c 91 Î Nvidia
a c 80 ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:53:26 PM

xdnbkingx said:
So i have an i5 2500. and it will only pull 453watt on load? thats not alot and this will work with my system?

Intel i5 2500 3.30ghz
corsair tx650
asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8gb ram corsiar
2x 560 ti



Like I said before you can get a 750w psu and be fine but since you are the one buying it you can certianly get whatever psu you want and I also said that I don't like going with the minimums even if they do work because there is no harm done if you get a larger psu. You don't know what you may add to your computer in the future and if you run the minimum , then when you add some things you may end up upgrading the psu again.
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 5:53:32 PM

inzone said:
The minimum psu acording to the details page of the psu is 500w and it will draw 170w from that , so if you add another 560Ti that brings the minimum psu rating up to 670w and the two cards will draw 340w from that. I thought I was being clear in my post about that but maybe I wasn't , I was not trying to say that you needed a 670w psu for one card.

670w is not needed for two cards either, as I stated earlier I am running my SLi'd GTX560Ti rig on a Corsair 620HX that is around five years old so the OP's current TX650 PSU will be fine I reckon.
November 26, 2011 5:56:41 PM

inzone said:
Like I said before you can get a 750w psu and be fine but since you are the one buying it you can certianly get whatever psu you want and I also said that I don't like going with the minimums even if they do work because there is no harm done if you get a larger psu. You don't know what you may add to your computer in the future and if you run the minimum , then when you add some things you may end up upgrading the psu again.

Who need bigger Watts PSU? As far as i can see, computer these days are using less power so if you dont get it, Ivy Bridge is using 65Watts and 40Watts which is great for a pretty fast CPU awhile video card is going into 28nm production, they are using less power with better performance... Getting a 1000Watts PSU and using only 40% of it is kinda useless...
November 26, 2011 5:59:03 PM

Mousemonkey said:
What PSU do you currently have?



Corsair 650TX.
November 26, 2011 6:02:44 PM

Your 650 is fine.
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 6:03:26 PM

xdnbkingx said:
Corsair 650TX.

That will be more than enough to run SLi'd GTX560Ti's in the rig you listed earlier, I guarantee it.
November 26, 2011 6:07:08 PM

But i guess overclocking will be a no.... but i shouldnt really need to with 2x 560 ti's?? and can i use any type of 560 ti's or do they have to be the same model. i have a PNY Factory oveclocked one but i pushed it to 960mhz and its stable.
November 26, 2011 6:12:46 PM

They can be from different manufacturers i.e EVGA and MSI, but have to have the same clock speeds. You shouldn't need to overclock with 560Ti SLI.
November 26, 2011 6:14:44 PM

xdnbkingx said:
But i guess overclocking will be a no.... but i shouldnt really need to with 2x 560 ti's?? and can i use any type of 560 ti's or do they have to be the same model. i have a PNY Factory oveclocked one but i pushed it to 960mhz and its stable.

One videocard IS fine unless YOU got TWO MONITOR!!!... Sell that card and buy a 560Ti 448 Cores 1.2GB/2.5GB VRAM, not sure when it's coming out but probably either December or Q1 2012... THAN Q2 2012 is when Kepler jumps in with 28NM GPU and PCI-E 2.0 after or by the end of Q2, PCI-E 3.0 comes out...
RoadMap:
http://vr-zone.com/articles/report-nvidia-28nm-desktop-...
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b ) Power supply
November 26, 2011 6:16:31 PM

xdnbkingx said:
But i guess overclocking will be a no.... but i shouldnt really need to with 2x 560 ti's?? and can i use any type of 560 ti's or do they have to be the same model. i have a PNY Factory oveclocked one but i pushed it to 960mhz and its stable.


My cards are OC'd to 900mhz.
January 16, 2013 9:20:31 PM

So i have amd phenom II 975 x4 125 watt´s and a powersuply corsair TX750, can i run 2 gtx 560 ti dcII ?
!