Best PSU to buy, GX 450WATT or CX 430WATT V2

knightfightx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Awesome, thank you. It is an upgrade from my old GT 8600 to this one. Do u also think that the TDR problem occurs when the PSU does not have the minimum amperage of the video card on the 12v rail ? Will it be solved ? Because i cannot start 1 game and i think that is the problem. Thank you.

knightfightx

Starting a game problem should not be related to the PSU.

TDR problem could be a driver issue.
Did you upgrade any drivers or operating system recently?

knightfightx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Oh really ? Well, i had updated 2x my driver. What i noticed was that the last driver for the card is exactly the same driver as the one i had for my GT 8600. When i installed the latest driver, i got monitor problems at start up. This happened twice so i had to remove the videocard to be able to use my onboard video card to delete these drivers. So now i dont use the latest drivers and ATM i have an GT 440 gddr3 1gb with a PSU of 370 W and an 15 amperage on the 12v rail, while i need 22 at least for the card. So i bought a new gddr5 card and this PSU so i will then bring back the recently bought PSU and videocard. I am not sure why the latest drivers wouldnt work, but i guess its the PSU not having enough amperage ? I also use VGA->DVI cable. But the gddr5 has also the VGA connection unlike the gddr3, which has only DVI 2x.

Greeting

knightfightx

Your forgot to mention that till now.

knightfightx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
I bought them few days back, but for a few more bucks i could get an PSU with enought amperage and for 5 euro more i could get the same videocard from gddr3 to gddr5. So i will return them and get these 2. But will all be fine with drivers and such when the delivery comes ?

greeting,

knightfightx