Burnout Revenge will Be better without multipliers

I truly hope the multipliers are not included in the revenge game.
The addition of them really took away something, because once you got
a 4x multiplier you were almost certain to get Gold.
and took away from how much damge you actually caused.
Also the explosions, although can't be on every vehicle you hit but
should be possible on every vehicle that gets "TAKEN DOWN " after
falling back to the pavement. this would add alot more visual
excitement but may only be possible on next gen consoles for obvious
reasons.

Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two. Can
anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than two feet
in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the previous two.

<SamuelF566@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I truly hope the multipliers are not included in the revenge game.
> The addition of them really took away something, because once you got
> a 4x multiplier you were almost certain to get Gold.
> and took away from how much damge you actually caused.
> Also the explosions, although can't be on every vehicle you hit but
> should be possible on every vehicle that gets "TAKEN DOWN " after
> falling back to the pavement. this would add alot more visual
> excitement but may only be possible on next gen consoles for obvious
> reasons.

SamuelF566@gmail.com's wild thoughts were released on 10 Aug
2005 01:17:58 -0700 bearing the following fruit:

>I truly hope the multipliers are not included in the revenge game.
> The addition of them really took away something, because once you got
>a 4x multiplier you were almost certain to get Gold.

And on the flip side, you HAVE to get the 4x multiplier to
get gold.

> and took away from how much damge you actually caused.
> Also the explosions, although can't be on every vehicle you hit but
>should be possible on every vehicle that gets "TAKEN DOWN " after
>falling back to the pavement. this would add alot more visual
>excitement but may only be possible on next gen consoles for obvious
>reasons.

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

--
The convicted architect discovered that prison walls were not made to scale. (Gary Hallock)

[Abolish the TV Licence - http://www.tvlicensing.biz/]

"Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
> Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two.
> Can anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than two
> feet in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the previous
> two.

The demo on Madden kicks ASS! I have never played the other 3 but I'll be
damned if I don't feel as if I have missed something.

> <SamuelF566@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I truly hope the multipliers are not included in the revenge game.
>> The addition of them really took away something, because once you got
>> a 4x multiplier you were almost certain to get Gold.
>> and took away from how much damge you actually caused.
>> Also the explosions, although can't be on every vehicle you hit but
>> should be possible on every vehicle that gets "TAKEN DOWN " after
>> falling back to the pavement. this would add alot more visual
>> excitement but may only be possible on next gen consoles for obvious
>> reasons.

yeah I have the xbox version and I dont like it compared with the first
two..you cant see as far ahead in 3..only like two feet

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
>> Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two.
>> Can anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than
>> two feet in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the
>> previous two.
>
> The demo on Madden kicks ASS! I have never played the other 3 but I'll be
> damned if I don't feel as if I have missed something.

Burnout3 is one of, if not THE best racing game out there...especially from
the arcade racing side of things. It is a must play, and own really.

<jrock455@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> yeah I have the xbox version and I dont like it compared with the first
> two..you cant see as far ahead in 3..only like two feet

Damn. I was hoping it was better. Then I would have bought an XBox.

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

> I played both BO1, and BO2...and they don't come close IMO to what BO3 is.
> BO3 is the game where everything really clicked and came together. It is
> by far the best of the series....

You're in the minority, it seems.

> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>
>> I played both BO1, and BO2...and they don't come close IMO to what BO3
>> is. BO3 is the game where everything really clicked and came together. It
>> is by far the best of the series....
>
> You're in the minority, it seems.

Sure Fred...sure.

<SamuelF566@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I truly hope the multipliers are not included in the revenge game.
> The addition of them really took away something, because once you got
> a 4x multiplier you were almost certain to get Gold.
> and took away from how much damge you actually caused.

It appears you're referring to Crash mode in Burnout 3, which had the 2x and
4x multipliers. Well, then I've got good news for you: the Crash mode in
Burnout Revenge doesn't have the multipliers anymore! I think the point
scoring will be more like Burnout 2, where it's mostly based on how much
damage you caused. The gold/silver/bronze bonus tokens will still be there,
as well as the Crashbreakers.

> Also the explosions, although can't be on every vehicle you hit but
> should be possible on every vehicle that gets "TAKEN DOWN " after
> falling back to the pavement. this would add alot more visual
> excitement but may only be possible on next gen consoles for obvious
> reasons.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're referring to Crashbreakers, then
they will apparently be available in some of the racing modes (not just
Crash mode). The Crashbreaker is present in the Burnout Revenge demo (which
lets you play a race), although it's a little out of hand there, since you
automatically get a Crashbreaker every time you crash. I recall reading
somewhere (unfortunately, I forgot where) that the Crashbreaker won't be
available in all the racing modes, but just certain races.

--
Sal Manfredonia (smanfred@optonline.net)

"PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming
ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

"Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
>> Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two.
>> Can anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than
>> two feet in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the
>> previous two.
>
> The demo on Madden kicks ASS! I have never played the other 3 but I'll be
> damned if I don't feel as if I have missed something.

I'm surprised you never tried any of the other Burnout games. But, you can
still make up for lost time! :)

Buy, or at least rent, a copy of Burnout 3, which is a Greatest Hit now. I
have heard that if you have a Burnout 3 game save on your memory card when
you first play Burnout Revenge, you will be rewarded with additional in-game
money for Burnout Revenge.

--

"Sal Manfredonia" <smanfred@optonline.net> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <nyyankees@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Fred Liken" <nothanks@toocoolforschool.com> wrote in message
>>> Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two.
>>> Can anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than
>>> two feet in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the
>>> previous two.
>>
>> The demo on Madden kicks ASS! I have never played the other 3 but I'll be
>> damned if I don't feel as if I have missed something.
>
> I'm surprised you never tried any of the other Burnout games. But, you can
> still make up for lost time! :)

Midtown Madness is the only racing game outside of Mario Kart that I have
ever enjoyed.

Fred Liken wrote:
> Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two. Can
> anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than two feet
> in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the previous two.

PS2 version has the best graphics again this time.
480p 16:9 better sparks, particle effects, and blur.. again.

Even the texture work is better.

"Velocity Girl" <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote in message
> Fred Liken wrote:
>> Burnout 3 was a disappointment all around compared to the previous two.
>> Can anyone verify that on the XBox that you can actually see more than
>> two feet in front of you? I only have the PS2 version, and GC of the
>> previous two.
>
> PS2 version has the best graphics again this time.
> 480p 16:9 better sparks, particle effects, and blur.. again.
>
> Even the texture work is better.

lol. You're a good troll.