Registry entry definitions

Somewhere out there is a web site that tells what each
registry entry does or is responsible for, much like
the "msconfig" entry definitions found at Sysinfo.org. I
landed at it once, but can't find it again. Anyone?

Thanks,
Hal
4 answers Last reply
More about registry entry definitions

    Hi

    One Registry web site is www.winguides.com

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Hal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Somewhere out there is a web site that tells what each
    > registry entry does or is responsible for, much like
    > the "msconfig" entry definitions found at Sysinfo.org. I
    > landed at it once, but can't find it again. Anyone?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Hal

    Hi,
    thanks for the tip; unfortunately, this isn't the one.
    the one I remember was not a commercial vendor site, but
    rather one person or maybe a group that listed all the
    meanings and program associations with registry entries
    more as a public service.

    thanks again, though
    Hal

    "Hal" wrote:
    > Somewhere out there is a web site that tells what each
    > registry entry does or is responsible for, much like
    > the "msconfig" entry definitions found at Sysinfo.org. I
    > landed at it once, but can't find it again. Anyone?

    JSI Inc. has a veritable ton of resources:

    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jon

    Hal,
    Try
    http://www.angelfire.com/va3/registry_answers/
    This guy writes it all.
    TonySper

    "Hal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Somewhere out there is a web site that tells what each
    registry entry does or is responsible for, much like
    the "msconfig" entry definitions found at Sysinfo.org. I
    landed at it once, but can't find it again. Anyone?

    Thanks,
    Hal

Configuration Registry Customization Microsoft Windows XP