AMD 6950 XFIRE BF3 problems HELP!

Scullz

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
OK heres whats going on, it seems that my crossfire setup isnt doing its job after i play BF3. Heres how i figured that out.
Ive run Unigine Sanctuary to check for benchmarks after reinstalling to latest 11.11 driver for my Sapphire 2gb 6950's. Here are my findings.

Immediately after reboot -
FPS - 162.4
SCORES - 6886
MIN FPS - 62.7
MAX FPS 217.7

+20% on power setting
FPS - 168.8
SCORES - 7156
MIN FPS - 116.1
MAX FPS 227.9

I then played Battlefield 3 for a short period, quit, and ran Unigine Sanctuary again.

FPS -76.6
SCORES - 3249
MIN FPS - 60.7
MAX FPS 94.1

Another time to double check

FPS -77.5
SCORES - 3287
MIN FPS - 62.6
MAX FPS 91.6

ive been having this feeling that Crossfire wasnt working correctly! HELP!

edit: also, some sounds are not working either... like the squadmates telling me that the enemy is taking the control point, etc. Ive fixed this before by reinstalling drivers. I'm going crazy with all these problems!

goblues39

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008

The 11.11 drivers are very problematic for Crossfire systems. You aren't the only one. Are you running the 11.11 CAP profile as well? I would suggest reverting back to 11.10 drivers until AMD fixes the problem. Or maybe try disabling Crossfire and see how one card does. I have Sapphire and Diamond 6950's (2Gb's) in crossfire and noticed a drop by about 20-30 frames after installing 11.11 drivers.

AnToN_CheZ

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
I am noticing the same issues lately with bf3. My 6950's are running at like 95% usage even on high settings, not ultra, and this is overlocked as well as stock to mild overclock.

Some maps its great, but most of the time now, I am getting fps drops on the bigger maps. What I cannot understand is that all the time my cards are getting murdered, when not too long ago they were running at around 60% 70% usage.

I am running 11.11b with CAP2, and the only thing I have done was use the real life mod which enhances the fxaa, the post processing, I do not run MSAA at all on any setting.

I might go back to older drivers and see what happens. I have removed the real life mod to test, and it still runs super high.

Anyone else noticing this? If our crossfire setups are getting maxed on HIGH settings, then no one with a single card should be able to run this game! Something is up.....

AnToN_CheZ

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
I am noticing the same issues lately with bf3. My 6950's are running at like 95% usage even on high settings, not ultra, and this is overlocked as well as stock to mild overclock.

Some maps its great, but most of the time now, I am getting fps drops on the bigger maps. What I cannot understand is that all the time my cards are getting murdered, when not too long ago they were running at around 60% 70% usage.

I am running 11.11b with CAP2, and the only thing I have done was use the real life mod which enhances the fxaa, the post processing, I do not run MSAA at all on any setting.

I might go back to older drivers and see what happens. I have removed the real life mod to test, and it still runs super high.

Anyone else noticing this? If our crossfire setups are getting maxed on HIGH settings, then no one with a single card should be able to run this game! Something is up.....

Scullz

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
I've just been dealing with it as I still have playable framerates and high settings, but it is aggravating to know that my system can do so much more and is being held back by drivers.
A fix would be great so if changing your driver version makes it better and you come up with something that works please post it!