Is this MicroStutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcoops

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
After coming to the conclusion that my PSU was the problem with my 6850 Crossfire's negative scaling I'm borrowing my Dad's 1010w PSU which should dish out enough power. When playing DiRT 3 on Ultra settings with my 6850s in crossfire I get about 60-70FPS but the actual gameplay looks more like 30FPS, which I can't stand. Having read through some articles on the internet I still can't understand what micro stutter is, but could my problem be micro stutter?

Resolution - 1920x1080
CPU - AMD Phenom X2 (Unlocked to X4 running at 3.5GHz)
RAM - 4GB HyperX 1333MHz
Graphics - 2x Gigabyte HD6850s

Thanks

Solution
try just one card and see if its any different. you shouldnt notice microstutter at 60fps. its only really noticeable at low fps. I suspect another issue. Update your drivers, make sure nothing is overheating, there are problems with fan speed that can cause stuttering, set a fixed fan speed with msi afterburner. and as said above, 16x/4x boards are not what you want and will only increase stuttering due to uneven performance of the cards. There are many things to try....
try just one card and see if its any different. you shouldnt notice microstutter at 60fps. its only really noticeable at low fps. I suspect another issue. Update your drivers, make sure nothing is overheating, there are problems with fan speed that can cause stuttering, set a fixed fan speed with msi afterburner. and as said above, 16x/4x boards are not what you want and will only increase stuttering due to uneven performance of the cards. There are many things to try....

Solution

tjcoops

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Thanks guys. I think it was just a glitch in my system as I restarted a number of times and it works perfectly. But it was the same 'symptoms' as microstutter so I've cleared up my knowledge a bit. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.