Best air coolers

What would be the best cooler for i7 3960x?
7 answers Last reply
More about best coolers
  1. Budget?
  2. it's not on budget as long as it will last ages and is quiet.
  3. Why not go custom watercooling? If not, then go with the Noctua NH-D14!! Just make sure it can fit.
  4. amuffin said:
    Why not go custom watercooling? If not, then go with the Noctua NH-D14!! Just make sure it can fit.

I think that there are too many problems with water cooling, I dont want to burn anything or invest into a new cooler 2 years down
  5. Quote:

My options are Noctua NH-D14, ZALMAN CNPS12X or Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK. What about cooler masters H-100? I won't go custom water cooling. Which one would be quiter and superior to the others performance wise?
  6. The Noctua NH-D14 is one of the better air coolers out there. I haven't heard much about the Phanteks cooler but by design it looks to be very close to that of the Noctua. I recently used the Corsair H100 and that thing is a beast if you are looking for a closed loop water cooler but I think I would rather go with the Noctua next time.

Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  7. Is there any diference in performance betwen Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK, Noctua NH-D14 and Corsair H100? As I understand ZALMAN CNPS12X is not that good. As well Will they fit Rampage4 ext. With Gskills RAM with heatsinks. These look huge.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Intel i7