It-2500k, too hot ?

realtalk11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hi guys, been satisfied with my new build

mobo: asus p8z68-v-le
cpu: i5 2500k
cooler: cm hyper 212 evo

I'm kinda new with checking temps and oc and since i haven't oc'ed it yet cause im scared and it looks too complicated, i thought i would check the temps with realtemp and prime 95 test.

I get a max of 75C on one core, is it normal even with my hyper 212 evo ?

PGi7G.jpg

1svR3.jpg

The pc was assembled by a local store where I bought it and i had some problems i managed to fix myself so far.

ex: ssd was connected in wrong sata port

so maybe i have some more things to fix?

Oh and also, the pc is noisy overall( case cm haf 912, might not be the best case for silence:p) but sometimes, it'll make a loud sound like if the hyper 212 evo was going full load ( not rly doing much with my pc when it happens). don't know how to properly explain it but it's weird.. it only happens like 2-3 times/hour.

Its very dusty in my room so maybe i need to clean the interior of the case with some air dusters ?

Thanks a lot guys.

Looks like it IS OC'd some, since the highest stock Turbo speed is the single core 3.7Ghz. If the screenshots are right it's at least OC'd to 4.2Ghz. Regardless of that, the temps are a bit high. I'm running around 63-65C at 4.5 @ 1.280V in Prime with my 212 Evo (at 23C ambient).

It might be dust or just poor airflow, so you can check about that, but my feeling is that the 212 Evo either isn't seated well, or the thermal paste was poorly applied. The temps aren't WAY out of line, but they should be cooler than what they are even if the 4.2Ghz is right.

And just another thought, it also could be that, if it IS OC'd, it's using more Vcore than needed. That'll definitely make the temps go up.

realtalk11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
I think DJ is right, its using the automatic overclocking.

I think its 3.5 at idle and 4.2 at load. My room temp is 23 too.

I guess if the thermal paste wasnt applied well, ill never know ?

Ill try to clean the pc if it doesnt change anything bah im fucked.

realtalk11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

Hehe, I'm not a complete noob with PCs and i could read docs to know how to do it but i'm too scared of ******* something.

It's a 1.5k setup and i'm not rich lol.

Should've went with i5-2500 plain

LOL, Honestly, the Auto OC is probably doing more damage than you could on your own (not that it's truly damaging anything, it's probably safe enough, but you could do better and be safer with a manual OC).

Just read up a bit and you'll be good.