CLUAConsole not working properly

perdurabo

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005

Whenever I try to 'Create Item("")' or 'Create("")' using the 'CLUAConsole'
the quotation marks in the brackets turn to @ symbols. These cheats used to
work but I have now changed my computer and it uses a different OS. Can
anybody tell me what has gone wrong and if possible how to correct it.

Assuming you're on a Scandinavian keyboard, Shift+æ (ä on a Swedish
keyboard) will create "

ME

"perdurabo" <perdurabo@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in

> Whenever I try to 'Create Item("")' or 'Create("")' using
> the 'CLUAConsole' the quotation marks in the brackets turn
> to @ symbols. These cheats used to work but I have now
> changed my computer and it uses a different OS. Can anybody
> tell me what has gone wrong and if possible how to correct
> it.

What is the OS?
What is the language?

Replies to: Nherr1professor2doktor31109(at)Oyahoo(dot)Tcom

perdurabo

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks 'krikkert' you pointed me in the right direction. I tried other keys
and it seems that my keyboard is all screwed up. Pressing SHIFT + 2 brings
up '@' and SHIFT + 3 brings up '#' so I tried other combinations. It seems
that SHIFT + # brings up the quotation marks. I don't know why this has
happened on my new PC but the new combination works now. Thanks to all that
helped.

"perdurabo" <perdurabo@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> Thanks 'krikkert' you pointed me in the right direction. I tried
other keys
> and it seems that my keyboard is all screwed up. Pressing SHIFT + 2
brings
> up '@' and SHIFT + 3 brings up '#' so I tried other combinations. It
seems
> that SHIFT + # brings up the quotation marks. I don't know why this
has
> happened on my new PC but the new combination works now. Thanks to
all that
> helped.

It's because BG and BG2 seem to presuppose that you have a certain
keyboard configuration and the code to work properly with different
configurations is messed up. I believe there's a problem particularly
with British and American configurations - on my British keyboard,
shift-2 is " and shift-3 is £, while @ is shift-' and # is a key of
its own (shift-# being ~)

Jonathan.

perdurabo

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005

My keyboard has the same configuration but for some reason the CLUAConsole
in Bladurs Gate worked on my old PC perfectly but not on my new one. However
I am using the keyboard that came with the new PC which has additional
functions so perhaps the that is the reason for the problem. Anyway I have
the CLUAConsole working now.

P. S. After many years of playing the original Baldurs Gate have just bought
the 'Tales of the Sword Coast' expansion and 'Baldurs Gate II' with the
'Throne of Baal'. They would not run on my old PC. I can't wait for them to
arrive so I can play them.