Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Folder Display in Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 10, 2010 10:12:27 PM

This shall be my last question for a few days. You guys rock!! :love: 

Is there a way to have make the picture folders within Windows 7 have an XP
look?? with a spotlight of the 4 item groupings of images as in XP? Some Win 7 images peer out from the folders but one still can not tell what the image might be until opened.

More about : folder display windows

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2010 3:51:39 AM

you can try using a customized theme to make it look like xp.
customize certain aspects
June 23, 2010 3:55:49 AM

Anyone come up with this solution? I really need the folders to display like XP! I can't see what is in the folders like I could before!
m
l
Related resources
June 23, 2010 4:43:24 AM

Crlin, I took my Windows 7 to the Windows classic theme. This makes is look more like what I am use too. I don't care for all the fancy peek and gel look. However, the folders do not follow to give the old classic XP folder look where we had the appearance of 4 images to our eye prior to opening. I could always tell what I had and I miss this sooooo much! This was a deal breaker for me. I am going to stay with my 5 year-old XP desktop machine until it totally poops out. I have a newer laptop with Windows 7 and just can not get use to this OS for my everyday needs. I do alot of photo and image work. Why they did not give us a realistic view into our folders with this OS, is a real head scratcher?
m
l
June 23, 2010 4:46:04 AM

Best answer selected by Rae_83.
m
l
!