Sign in with
Your question

Urgent question about mobo+GPU

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2012 12:56:30 PM

Can someone tell me if this GPU will fit on this motherboard please?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 S1155 Intel H61 DDR3 mATX and
MSI H61M-P21 Intel H61 (Socket 1155) Motherboard

GPU: Novatech AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024MB GDDR5

I only ask because when I look at the pictures, the heat sink next to the x16 pci-e slot on the motherbaord seems like it could cause problems (in terms of there not being enough space for the graphics card).

Thanks alot in advance!

Gonk
January 26, 2012 12:59:37 PM

looks like no problem to me!
January 26, 2012 1:19:56 PM

Ok thanks
I just wasn't sure if the card was too long and wide to get past the heat sink (especially on the second motherboard).
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 96 V Motherboard
January 26, 2012 2:36:45 PM

It's not the heatsink that worries me on the second board, but those two tall capacitors that are higher then the heatsink. You might possibly have issues with that cards fan shroud. I'm not positive about this however. You shouldn't have any issues with the first board.

Are you sure your case is big enough?
January 26, 2012 3:05:41 PM

4745454b said:
It's not the heatsink that worries me on the second board, but those two tall capacitors that are higher then the heatsink. You might possibly have issues with that cards fan shroud. I'm not positive about this however. You shouldn't have any issues with the first board.

Are you sure your case is big enough?

Thanks, I think I'll go with the first one.
Also, my case is a Coolermaster Elite 330 so I can imagine it should be fine (though do correct me if I'm wrong!).

P.S. If you know of any good cases that are similar to this on and are around the same price, I'd interested to know about them.
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 96 V Motherboard
January 26, 2012 3:14:07 PM

You should be fine. I just wanted to make sure you weren't reusing some tiny mATX sized case.

January 26, 2012 3:54:38 PM

4745454b said:
You should be fine. I just wanted to make sure you weren't reusing some tiny mATX sized case.

Cool, thanks for info!
!