Grand Turismo 1080i setting

I set GT4 to 1080i in the screen setting and save it but each time I restart
the game it's back to normal resolution...how can I get it to stick?
6 answers Last reply
More about grand turismo 1080i setting

    "Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >I set GT4 to 1080i in the screen setting and save it but each time I
    >restart the game it's back to normal resolution...how can I get it to
    >stick?

    I dont think you can stick it. I dont have the game, but i've heard of
    others with the same problem. Gamemakers assume that we all share save
    games, and all travel to friends houses with our save data, and games...
    The reason they never make it stick, or make it so that you have to hold a
    button combination in order to switch it on when you start up the game, is
    it to keep you from saving the option, and then taking it to another TV that
    cannot utilize the resolution. Personally, i like the way SOCOM 2 did it.
    when ever you boot to a Progressive scan save data, it makes you confirm
    whether or not you really want to do that. Its annoying, but they are
    programming it to the lowest common denominator(sp) and that is people
    without progressive scan compatible tv's/HDTV's.

    I believe this will all change for ps3. I'm thinking the option will be set
    inside the ps3, and not inside the game. here's for hoping.

    I see.

    Irrat8ed wrote:
    > I see.
    >

    > "Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I set GT4 to 1080i in the screen setting and save it but each time I
    >>restart the game it's back to normal resolution...how can I get it to
    >>stick?

    On a properly calibrated CRT display the game looks better in 1080i than
    480p. The reason is simply pixel resolution. You get more pixels in
    1080i at 60fps than 480p at 60fps.

    If your TV isnt well calibrated 480p will look better because of the
    60Htz clearing up some of the artifacts you get from interlaced mode.

    In article <d_FKe.1090$091.110@lakeread06>, "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote:

    >"Irrat8ed" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    >>I set GT4 to 1080i in the screen setting and save it but each time I
    >>restart the game it's back to normal resolution...how can I get it to
    >>stick?
    >>

    >I dont think you can stick it.

    Yep. Annoying, but I guess there are reasons (deleted for brevity).
    I'd add that I actually prefer the game in 480p to 1080i. Check it
    out for yourself!

    In article <789d4$42fd681d$42139239$4241@DIALUPUSA.NET>, Velocity Girl <BuyMySkatePark@msn.com> wrote:

    >On a properly calibrated CRT display the game looks better in 1080i than
    >480p. The reason is simply pixel resolution. You get more pixels in
    >1080i at 60fps than 480p at 60fps.

    But I thought it looked better on my 50" RP LCD in 480p than 1080i.
    To be honest, it is difficult to do an A to B when I'm switching
    back and forth rather than having two sets side-by-side. But I'd
    say both were clearly better than 480i and I *think* I had a small
    preference for 480p. What was obvious was the roman numeral
    part of the Merc Evolution II DTM car label was readable in 480p but
    not 1080i. So I surmised that the useful res was just somehow
    better there regardless of the lower pixel res.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I must play GT4 in 480i on my roommate's 50" Sony LCD rear projection set.
    Anything other than that, and certain details, such as ghost cars do not display
    properly. It looks great, however on my 26" Toshiba CRT in 1080i.,

    Galley

Console Gaming Video Games