PSU Advice

Can anyone recommend a Modular PSU to power my build?

System Specs:
i5 3570k
GTX 670
128 GB M4 + 1 TB HDD
Fractal Design Define R3

11 answers Last reply
More about advice
  1. Hello !

What is your budget ? Do you plan on adding an other video card ? Or update your CPU in the near future ?

As it is, you'd probably need about 600W for your PSU.
    As for the model, in my opinion, Corsair is the best PSU maker out there.

Good luck,
  2. Corsair does not actually make any power supplies. They rebrand power supplies made by Seasonic, CWT and Flextronics. They are a quality brand though.

Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec are all brands you can't really go wrong with. For the specs you listed a ~500w model from any of the above brands will be fine. If you plan on adding a second card in Sli then go with a 700-750w model for futureproofing.
  3. I'm looking to maybe adding a second graphics card in the future so 750w is a necessity.
  4. it's a good PSU, i have the 650w version

other options at similar price

either of those two will the do the job and are well reviewed
  5. The non modular Corsair 750 TX2 is an excellent power supply and gets a 9.5 from jonnyguru. It's made by Seasonic.

The modular Corsair 750 TXM is not up to the same standard. It's made by CWT and not one of their best efforts. It gets an 8.3 from jonnyguru.

In my opinion you can do better than the Corsair. The NZXT is made by Seasonic and compares favorably to the Corsait 750TX2.

That website really has a very small selection but here are a few more models you might find if you look around that are quite good.

The Corsair HX 750 is also a very good alternative although it's more expensive.
  6. Thanks for the input. Which one would you personally recommend?
  7. Either the Seasonic X750 or the Corsair HX 750 although any of the models on the newegg comparison list are very good.

The NZXT is not a bad model either. It's 80+ Bronze rated while the 2 above are 80+ Gold rated.
  8. Bramaz said:
    Thanks for the input. Which one would you personally recommend?

one thing; all the PSU mentioned will do the job with no problem. a gold vs bronze PSU is simply more efficient and may not be worth the extra cost depending on your market.
  9. ^ I agree.

As I said, the NZXT is still a very good unit and keeps the price down. Might not have stated that as clearly as ct1615!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel i5 Power Build Components Product