What's the best program to use to burn PS2 games? Also, is it better to
use a certain program for copying a DVD and a different program for
burning a downloaded copy of the game?

michaeltheller@gmail.com wrote in news:1123828716.244887.274110
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> What's the best program to use to burn PS2 games? Also, is it better to
> use a certain program for copying a DVD and a different program for
> burning a downloaded copy of the game?

Try a match and kerosene. Pour some over your own head while you're at it,
then light...

-- Bob

sarah

this is answered daily for lets see, 7 years.

dvd-r write at 2x

use any dvd copy program, they aren't copy protected when you copy

On 11 Aug 2005 23:38:36 -0700, michaeltheller@gmail.com wrote:

>What's the best program to use to burn PS2 games? Also, is it better to
>use a certain program for copying a DVD and a different program for
>burning a downloaded copy of the game?

owen

<michaeltheller@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What's the best program to use to burn PS2 games? Also, is it better to
> use a certain program for copying a DVD and a different program for
> burning a downloaded copy of the game?

THIEF.

i tried that game, but i'm not a big fan of 1st person POV games.

i apologize for being poor. please forgive me.

On 12 Aug 2005 10:45:52 -0700, michaeltheller@gmail.com wrote:

>thanks

oh but don't forget that you needed to have a modified PS2 in order to
play those backups..

michaeltheller@gmail.com wrote:
> i apologize for being poor. please forgive me.

You're too "poor" to buy games, but not too "poor" to afford high speed
cable service from Adelphia?

If you're so "poor" why don't you dump the high-speed cable and go back to
dial-up for like $10-15/mo.? Then use the savings ($20-40/mo) to legally
buy your games? You should be able to find most used games for $10-30.

Maybe other "poor" people should steal from you? Forgive them, they're
poor.

Video games aren't a necessity - they're a luxury. Don't have the money?
Too bad. Rearrange your budget, get a better and/or second job. You
think the rest of us should pay for your thievery?

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

> michaeltheller@gmail.com wrote:

>> i apologize for being poor. please forgive me.
>
> You're too "poor" to buy games, but not too "poor" to afford high speed
> cable service from Adelphia?

I hate it when you say smart things. It makes angles confused.

i'm not paying for the high speed. it's my parent's connection while
i'm home for the summer. when i'm on my own i'm on a $7 a month dial-up
plan.

i can rearrange my budget all i want, but if i want games i'd have to
give up eating for a couple weeks. if other poor people want to try
stealing from me, let them do it, they aren't gonna get much.

besides, the video game companies have been stealing from us for years.
no game needs to be $50. that is just the limit of what gamers are
willing to spend. sega has proven that games don't need to be that
expensive with all of the 2K sports games. if companies start putting
out new games at reasonable prices, i won't need to burn the games.
over the years i've given thousands of dollars to sony and nintendo and
sega and ea. so now i'm gonna save some money on games and put it
towards getting a next gen system. the money is still getting to the
same place.

Car companies have been ripping us off for years making us pay full
price while corporate buyers pay only a third of the price.
So that gives me the right to drive into the showroom and drive one
out through the window! They could afford it and would not go bankrupt
if I did. If we all did and there was not an effective way of finding
and punishing those who did (actually in my county there isn’t and some
bleeding heart liberal will send you holiday) then they would go
bankrupt.
Unlike the car industry you don't just stop at one copy. All your
friends can have one too. For free.
The point is , I cannot afford to buy the latest best car, so I make do
with a old one, I could steal one but the law would catch me and put me
away.
You can make do with old games, and not have to steal form those who
try to make a living out of making them. Because they will earn less,
or lose their job, come round your /parents house and steal your car.

you have to love extrapolation gone wild. comparing burning a $50 game,
with stealing a $20,000 car is ridiculous. by that logic, stealing a 75
cent candy bar is just as bad as stealing a $300 TV. if you want to
give an arguement at least make it logical.

> you have to love extrapolation gone wild. comparing burning a $50 game,
> with stealing a $20,000 car is ridiculous. by that logic, stealing a 75
> cent candy bar is just as bad as stealing a $300 TV. if you want to
> give an arguement at least make it logical.

It would be the same if you could fit the TV in your pocket.

Its all relative, my car cost as much as 7 full price games. I cannot
afford $2000 never mind $20,000. I make do, but I don't steal - from
anyone.
Of course this is a faceless crime against a big corporation, so that’s
alright then. Anyway enough of this. What it all boils down to is this
is the last place to ask for advice on copying PS2 games, for relative
analogies and logical answers, or perhaps its just me.

Shallow

Doug Jacobs wrote:
> knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > At least the CAR THIEF is getting his money's worth for that soul!
> > LOL!!!!
>
> I don't know about that... Isn't the common perception that once you
> drive a new car off the lot, it immediatly loses 50% of its value? Does
> this mean this guy's soul just dropped in value as well? (even then,
> $20k for a soul is quite a bargin...)

Why don't you ask your dad Don http://donjacobs.com/index.html I know
that's your dad.

michaeltheller@gmail.com wrote:

> i can rearrange my budget all i want, but if i want games i'd have to
> give up eating for a couple weeks. if other poor people want to try
> stealing from me, let them do it, they aren't gonna get much.

Wah, wah, wah. Been there, done that.

Let me repeat - games are not a necessity. Save up, get a (second) job,
buy ramen for a month - or do without.

There are plenty of low-cost games out there, not to mention flea markets,
used game stores, EBay, etc.

> besides, the video game companies have been stealing from us for years.

Still no reason to steal. They charge what they feel they can while still
getting sales. Don't like their prices, don't buy it.

> no game needs to be $50. that is just the limit of what gamers are
> willing to spend. sega has proven that games don't need to be that
> expensive with all of the 2K sports games. if companies start putting
> out new games at reasonable prices, i won't need to burn the games.

You're welcome to your opinion on game prices, and many here will agree
that $50, $40 and even $30 is too much for some games. However, that
still doesn't give you the right to go burning games - especially since
there are many other legitimate options available to you, including game
rental places, game sales, used game stores, Ebay, etc... Heck, not only
don't you have an excuse to steal games, but you don't have an excuse for
paying full price either.

And what would you call a "reasonable price"? New games can be had for
$20, or even less if you catch a sale, and people STILL pirate. Either
you agree with the price (meaning, you'll buy it) or you don't. Neither
option gives you an reason to steal.

> over the years i've given thousands of dollars to sony and nintendo and
> sega and ea. so now i'm gonna save some money on games and put it
> towards getting a next gen system. the money is still getting to the
> same place.

So you're going to buy new hardware, but still steal the games. You
haven't learned a thing... You also don't seem to understand that the
majority of games on the market aren't from the console makers. EA Games,
for instance, gets exactly $0.00 when you buy hardware. Even then,
console hardware is priced AT A LOSS - yes, this means that the companies
LOSE money when you buy a console. Why do they do this? To help entice
you into buying the console so that you can...BUY GAMES. See, that's
where the video game industry makes its money - FROM THE GAMES. Not the
hardware, GAMES. So even if you buy a console, and then never buy any
games for it, you're actually HURTING the industry.

At the end of the week/month, you expect your employer to pay you for the
hours you've spent working for them, right? How would you feel if you boss
decided to pay you in counterfit money? You'd be upset wouldn't you? Well,
imagine the hundreds of people that are involved with producing a video game.
Don't you think THEY deserve to be paid for the hours they spent creating
the game? Their paychecks come from the sales of games. If everyone simply
burned copies, the companies won't make any money, and therefore won't be
able to pay their staff to create new games. Eventually there won't be any
more games.

Ever.