Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Pc processor vs graphics card

Last response: in CPUs
May 9, 2012 5:38:37 PM

Hello,
I mostly web search and video stream. Very little game playing. How much CPU and graphics card do I need? Thanks
May 9, 2012 7:28:54 PM

If you are not a gamer than get a better cpu instead of a better gpu. And what is your budget?

m
l
May 9, 2012 7:46:33 PM

Yeah you don't need any 3D accelerating or anything for that.. onboard would be fine and worry about proccessor and or RAM being better.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 84 à CPUs
a c 171 U Graphics card
May 9, 2012 9:37:35 PM

forget what those guys said. Even if you dont play games often, the few times you do play games you dont want to play with crappy graphics and poor performance. A good start would be an intel core i3 CPU, its perfect for general tasks like web browsing etc, and pretty good for gaming too. For a graphics card you should get at least an AMD 6770 or nvidia 550ti. If you want to play with higher graphics detail and 1080p resolution you should get a 6850/7850 or nvidia gtx560 or better, dependig what your budget allows.
May 9, 2012 9:43:19 PM

in your case i would defenetly consider getting a llano build...you can put it in one of those slim ITX cases and have a very tiny/green system that can pretty much do anyhting you want at very good price...I really think that the whole point of llano is your type of usage.
m
l
May 10, 2012 12:56:51 AM

Hey it sounded to me like he wanted to get out cheap, not spend money on an i3 and 550ti ;) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 10, 2012 2:20:30 AM

for a desktop,
My suggestion? get yourself a core i3 2100 sandy bridge, which is a nice nifty processor and leave the integrated graphics / onboard graphics be

for a laptop,
stick with a sandy bridge i3 if possible for a good power consumption while having decent computer performance - ivy bridge isn't going to help as much except for their improved graphics performance (which is something that you don't need by the way).
m
l
May 19, 2012 3:17:58 PM

Best answer selected by mhoppe.
m
l
May 19, 2012 3:21:23 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
forget what those guys said. Even if you dont play games often, the few times you do play games you dont want to play with crappy graphics and poor performance. A good start would be an intel core i3 CPU, its perfect for general tasks like web browsing etc, and pretty good for gaming too. For a graphics card you should get at least an AMD 6770 or nvidia 550ti. If you want to play with higher graphics detail and 1080p resolution you should get a 6850/7850 or nvidia gtx560 or better, dependig what your budget allows.

Thanks for your response. Since I hope my new PC will last another 6 years or so I decided to spend an extra $100 or so to go with the i3 and a midrange graphics card
m
l
!