Solved

Pc processor vs graphics card

Hello,
I mostly web search and video stream. Very little game playing. How much CPU and graphics card do I need? Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about processor graphics card
  1. If you are not a gamer than get a better cpu instead of a better gpu. And what is your budget?
  2. Yeah you don't need any 3D accelerating or anything for that.. onboard would be fine and worry about proccessor and or RAM being better.
  3. Best answer
    forget what those guys said. Even if you dont play games often, the few times you do play games you dont want to play with crappy graphics and poor performance. A good start would be an intel core i3 CPU, its perfect for general tasks like web browsing etc, and pretty good for gaming too. For a graphics card you should get at least an AMD 6770 or nvidia 550ti. If you want to play with higher graphics detail and 1080p resolution you should get a 6850/7850 or nvidia gtx560 or better, dependig what your budget allows.
  4. in your case i would defenetly consider getting a llano build...you can put it in one of those slim ITX cases and have a very tiny/green system that can pretty much do anyhting you want at very good price...I really think that the whole point of llano is your type of usage.
  5. Hey it sounded to me like he wanted to get out cheap, not spend money on an i3 and 550ti ;)
  6. for a desktop,
    My suggestion? get yourself a core i3 2100 sandy bridge, which is a nice nifty processor and leave the integrated graphics / onboard graphics be

for a laptop,
    stick with a sandy bridge i3 if possible for a good power consumption while having decent computer performance - ivy bridge isn't going to help as much except for their improved graphics performance (which is something that you don't need by the way).
  7. Best answer selected by mhoppe.
  8. iam2thecrowe said:
    forget what those guys said. Even if you dont play games often, the few times you do play games you dont want to play with crappy graphics and poor performance. A good start would be an intel core i3 CPU, its perfect for general tasks like web browsing etc, and pretty good for gaming too. For a graphics card you should get at least an AMD 6770 or nvidia 550ti. If you want to play with higher graphics detail and 1080p resolution you should get a 6850/7850 or nvidia gtx560 or better, dependig what your budget allows.

Thanks for your response. Since I hope my new PC will last another 6 years or so I decided to spend an extra $100 or so to go with the i3 and a midrange graphics card
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Graphics Cards Games Video Processors