Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ivy Bridge

Last response: in CPUs
Share
May 9, 2012 8:17:55 PM

so whats the buzz about ivy bridge from what i heard its not too much different than sandy bridge
can anybody tell me how it is comparing to sandy bridge

More about : ivy bridge

a c 203 à CPUs
May 9, 2012 8:19:29 PM

Hello brandonf12;

Any specific model of IVB or SB you want compared?
m
0
l
May 9, 2012 8:22:43 PM

WR2 said:
Hello brandonf12;

Any specific model of IVB or SB you want compared?


yeah i was thinking the 2700K VS the 3770 is there a K like we saw in the SB lineup?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 203 à CPUs
May 9, 2012 8:25:24 PM

The 2700K is running $319 but wasn't in that database to use for comparions.
m
0
l
May 9, 2012 8:26:32 PM

WR2 said:
Here is a performance comparison between Core i7 2600K - 3.4GHz $309 & Core i7 3770K - 3.5GHz $349


thanks
do you think its worth building a new system for ivy bridge i mean to say is it really a step ahead of everything else i remember before SB came out everybody was all over it saying it was going to revolutionize the gaming world/chipset world and blow AMD out of the water?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
May 9, 2012 8:27:06 PM

Bear in mind that most of the performance difference is accounted for by the 100MHz stock clock difference. This would be nullified in the case of the 2700k
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
May 9, 2012 8:33:54 PM

If you are looking for performance at similar clock speeds look here.


Depending on your total budget and what you plan to do - IVB could be a good match for you.
Theres no reason not to get IVB.

m
0
l
May 9, 2012 8:41:25 PM

WR2 said:
If you are looking for performance at similar clock speeds look here.


Depending on your total budget and what you plan to do - IVB could be a good match for you.
Theres no reason not to get IVB.


well i plan on building a total power house so my budget really doesnt have a limit,
my main question is there something better out there i know IVB is king right now but intel is kinda like apple just renaming their products and selling them again...

m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
May 9, 2012 8:48:57 PM

Going for a triple monitor AMD Eyefinity or Nvida Surround setup?

Sandy Bridge E / X79 is the Enthusiast class machine. SB/X68 or IVB/X77 are the top end of the consumer class systems and are the preferred option for gaming.
m
0
l
May 16, 2012 2:29:30 AM

WR2 said:
Going for a triple monitor AMD Eyefinity or Nvida Surround setup?

Sandy Bridge E / X79 is the Enthusiast class machine. SB/X68 or IVB/X77 are the top end of the consumer class systems and are the preferred option for gaming.


i at least want a dual monitor set up
im not sure wether i wanna do the amd series or the GTX 690 series yet

m
0
l
!