Sign in with
Your question

Driver or Intel HD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 27, 2011 3:49:09 PM

I just don't know if this is a driver issue or it's the video card but I noticed that when I play games like Doom 3 or Quake 4 all graphic settings play the same FPS. From low to ultra it's the same. I thought that having it on low will give a ton more FPS but it's the same as playing it on Ultra. I usualy get around 40 FPS and when it's heavy 20 FPS on Ultra but even on low it's the same. My notebook has a Intel HD graphics card btw.

I' am using the latest drivers from Sony esupport right now.I also have all windows updates downloaded and I have used Vaio Care program since it has a performance turn up and it also defrags, disk cleanup and cleans registery.

I have driver version: 8.15.10.2182

It was made on: 7/19/2010

More about : driver intel

a c 125 U Graphics card
November 27, 2011 3:55:49 PM

Hi,

Intel HD is not a video card, it built into the CPU. It is very, very low end. It is odd that it would deliver the same performance regardless of settings, but I guess that would generally indicate a CPU bottleneck.
m
l
November 27, 2011 9:21:28 PM

Someone said this

"Maybe Intel's graphics chip doesn't have very good OpenGL support.

Quake 4 and Doom 3 use OpenGL. I would say the fault is with the driver. Intel is known for doing minimal graphics driver support in general, and IIRC, they might have specific issues with OpenGL."

So basicly it's probley the driver issue. I did talk to Sony and they did send a ticket to the techs so hopefuly they will make a new driver. But of cource they might not do it if not alot of people are having this problem.

My IGP is like a entry level card btw. Intel says it performs like an entry level card. So like a $30 or so card. I seen cards that are that cheap I also seen cards around $35 or $40.

for Crysis 2 I get around 10 FPS and around 20 at most and for Crysis 2 and for original Crysis I get around 22 FPS and around 32 at most and has gone low as around 10 FPS in heavy battles. Also for The Sims 3 I do get around 90 FPS but in downtown area I get around 50 FPS since alot of buildens. For StarCraft 2 I get around 32 FPS and has gone upto 50 FPS on everything on low settings. For Doom 3 and Quake 4 right now I get usualy 40 FPS on low, med, high or ultra settings which is strange. But probley it's just a driver issue. Hopefuly Sony will come out with a better updated driver for my notebook.
m
l
Related resources
!