Backing up saved games?

This is probably an often asked question but how do you back up PS2
saved games (not pirating the actual game)? My wife accidently saved
over my FFX game (30 hours in - sheesh!), and I want to make sure my
other games are safe. Oh and yes, we are still married :)

Thanx,
Jim

James Wright wrote:
> This is probably an often asked question but how do you back up PS2
> saved games (not pirating the actual game)? My wife accidently saved
> over my FFX game (30 hours in - sheesh!), and I want to make sure my
> other games are safe. Oh and yes, we are still married :)
>
> Thanx,
> Jim

get the HDD

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

James Wright wrote:

> This is probably an often asked question but how do you back up PS2
> saved games (not pirating the actual game)? My wife accidently saved
> over my FFX game (30 hours in - sheesh!), and I want to make sure my
> other games are safe. Oh and yes, we are still married :)

Start it up without a disk in but with a memory card in each slot, and
it will display a picture of a memory card. Click on that then on the
icon for the game save you want to copy, and it will give you an option
to either delete it or make a copy of it.

On 12 Aug 2005 16:52:51 EDT, James Wright <art@purplecow.com> spewed forth these
words of wisdom:

>This is probably an often asked question but how do you back up PS2
>saved games (not pirating the actual game)? My wife accidently saved
>over my FFX game (30 hours in - sheesh!), and I want to make sure my
>other games are safe. Oh and yes, we are still married :)
>
>Thanx,
>Jim

Get the MaxDrive, which is a 16MB USB flash drive with special software that
runs on the PS2. It will allow you to back up your games and then copy them to
the PC. You can also download game saves via the Internet using the PS2. It's
only $30.

Galley

Galley wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2005 16:52:51 EDT, James Wright <art@purplecow.com> spewed forth these
> words of wisdom:
>

>>This is probably an often asked question but how do you back up PS2
>>saved games (not pirating the actual game)? My wife accidently saved
>>over my FFX game (30 hours in - sheesh!), and I want to make sure my
>>other games are safe. Oh and yes, we are still married :)
>>
>>Thanx,
>>Jim
>

> Get the MaxDrive, which is a 16MB USB flash drive with special software that
> runs on the PS2. It will allow you to back up your games and then copy them to
> the PC. You can also download game saves via the Internet using the PS2. It's
> only $30.
>
> --
> "I'm not a cool person in real life, but I play one on the Internet"
> Galley

You could probably get a decent 20GB HDD for less than $30.
Download HD Loader and install it on the PS2.