• CPUs
  • Water Cooling
  • Cooling
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
May 10, 2012 1:06:02 AM

Hello,

Yjo all,

I recently ordered an FX 8150 with water cooling system bundled together BUT Amazon's seller was misleading in its description and it was indeed the stock FX 8150.

I've found a total of 1 seller of this bundled package here AMD FX-8150 Black Edition CPU Water Cooler sold by Circuit City and this is an overview of the packaged setup http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1743/1/

So, does anyone have any other links or can point me in the right direction of where to buy this processor that comes pre packaged with its own water cooling system that is most similar to Antec KUHLER H2O 920 Liquid Cooling System.

Thanks for any help. I believe Circuit City may have the right description and I even called to make sure, but these days you can never take a seller's word for it, unfortunately.

More about : 8150 water cooler question

Best solution

a c 323 à CPUs
May 10, 2012 1:35:00 AM

Circuit City is more than just a seller. they used to be a chain of computer stores that went kaput and then I beleive it was bought by the same company that owns tiger direct and another big online retailer. systemmax or something like that. I would not be afraid to buy from them after confirming the pkg contents via email so you have proof.

edit - i went to their website and they indeed have it.
May 12, 2012 1:13:40 AM

Best answer selected by Gumerk.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 13, 2012 1:22:11 AM

Well then,

I guess this was hiding from me earlier or they just got back in stock but here is a Newegg link with the same setup

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Bah, Circuit City's return policy on THIS particular item is a bit meh

"Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer at: 408-749-3060."

So if a repeat of amazon occurs and it doesn't come with the cooler as described then it sounds like I'm a bit ska reaux'd

New egg is more expensive but has a better return policy so I don't know
m
l
a c 323 à CPUs
May 14, 2012 10:39:39 PM

Having been screwed over with Tiger Directs rebates years ago I vowed never to buy from them again. I've heard they are much better now but I cant say for sure. Newegg and Staples are the only two retailers I use. Staples because I have yet to have a single hassle on any rebate with easyrebates... ever. That means alot to me.
m
l
May 15, 2012 1:21:12 AM

popatim said:
Having been screwed over with Tiger Directs rebates years ago I vowed never to buy from them again. I've heard they are much better now but I cant say for sure. Newegg and Staples are the only two retailers I use. Staples because I have yet to have a single hassle on any rebate with easyrebates... ever. That means alot to me.

Yeah I think I'm gonna just go with Newegg. I mean, they are more expensive but it's worth it to me to have the peace of mind knowing they will stand behind their products, claims, and have great delivery too. Thanks for the advice bud.
m
l