Graphic Upgrade

jelmquist

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hello,
I'm looking to upgrade my graphic card and was wondering if it is okay to pick up a pci-e 2.0 graphics card

I have a Asustek M2A-VM mobo .

Running windows 7 32 bit 4 gig DDR2 AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 4600+ 2.4Ghz
and am running a Radeon 4850 HD

Any suggestions?

Helltech

Distinguished
The PSU can very well NOT be good enough for any GPU. I had a 650w BFG PSU that couldn't power a 7900GT. Make and Model of the PSU please. That could be a 650w that is of very low quality. Also a 2.0 card will work in a 1.0 slot. You don't need to worry about that.

DM186

Splendid

Well there you go you had a BFG PSU. No wonder you had problems. I have a lot of friends who have 550w all the way up to 1200w including 650w PSU's, and they don't have the problems you have stated. Plus I didn't say all GPU's, I said most GPU's.

DM186

Splendid

If that was misleading then half ot the people on here are doing it and I love to help and I am not going to debate over this I am only stating fact his 650w good or bad will run a better card than he has now and the main problem is his system. IN my Opinion he would be better off to upgrade is complete system he can make his own choice. I know you are loaded with a lot more knowlage about how things work and I really respect that and I love to learn from the people who have been here for a long time. I only state what I know to be fact and share my experience just like you with that BFG PSU. I don't question what you have to offer and I would never offer any Info that was not true. Like you I love to help. So can we put this behind us and try to help this guy and I am sorry if I have affended you in any way.