Windows 7 BSD on new Intel Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKEYE101

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
First time posting - thanks to all in advance.
(if posting in wrong area - sorry - will try again)

I have a new build that I am working on. (have built dozens in the past)

Using Intel i7-2600K cpu, Intel DP67BG board.
Intel 80gb SSD, Corsair memory, corsair 750 psu, GeForce GTX550ti video.
Cooler Master case.

Assembly went fine and I can access BIOS screens with no problem.

Tried installing Windows xp/2 on new Intel 80gb SSD - got to where it was copying files then went to blue screen of death.
Tried using known stable installation of XP on another hard drive - bsod on windows startup.
Tried using known stable installation of Windows 7 ultimate on another SSD, same - bsod on startup.

Swaped out video card and ram with known working components - same as above - blue screen!

Updated bios on mobo to 2111 (show as most current on Intel website) - updated fine from USB thumb drive, but still won't load any of the versions of Windows I have.

Never had this type of problem before. I am assuming that the problem lies with the mobo or cpu as I have swapped out all other components with same results. If a driver issue of some type - how to update Windows if it won't load windows to begin with??

Any advice or suggestions welcome .. thanks.

Solution
Are you saying you are using hd with windows on them and swapping in and out of the new build? I think you need to go square 1. Pick a drive as your primary, format it and start over. What OS do you want on this build XP?

HAWKEYE101

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks for the quick response.

I have swapped out the ram twice with known working modules and have been trying to run off of hard drives or SSD that already have windows installed. Still get blue screen (when trying to run Windows 7 - it goes to blue screen on start-up, but then the system immediately reboots - so fast I cannot read what the error messages are!!!)

Thanks - I might try another set of ram just for the heck of it.

HAWKEYE101

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Using a WD 1TB with Windows XP (service 3 and all updates), and with an Intel 320 80GB SSD with Window 7 Ultimate (all updates - as far as I know) - both of these boot fine in my other systems - (I7-950 and Intel Quad-core). All I get is the BSD when trying to boot up in the new I7-2600 system. Not sure about the firmware on the SSD (brand new out of the box Tuesday) - will have to check on that - but no problems running in other systems.

Thanks to all - much appreciated.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Are you saying you are using hd with windows on them and swapping in and out of the new build? I think you need to go square 1. Pick a drive as your primary, format it and start over. What OS do you want on this build XP?

Solution

HAWKEYE101

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

OK - thanks to everyone, but I owe DogSnake a pizza!
A variation of your suggestion worked.

I re-installed Win7, didn't think it would work as all I have is a Win 7 upgrade disk and you need to have Win XP installed first, but it worked!!!!

Everything is running as it should.

Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.