Cheap build for basic tasks(email, web surfing, word, etc)

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week or next

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) ~500, the less the better

System Usage from Most to Least Important: web surfing, word docs, outlook, quickbooks

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg

Parts Preferences: no real preference, just looking for budget parts

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: looking for a mobo cpu combo preferably. considering amd chip over intel i3 if i can get more from it. not too knowledgable about the current amd chips.

looking for 6 to 8 gigs of ram.

i might asking for too much with so little money. any suggestions would be good.
5 answers Last reply
More about cheap build basic tasks email surfing word
  1. The only thing I'd change is the case, to one of the cheap Rosewills. That's because CoolerMaster has been shown in reviews (e.g. HardwareSecrets) to be a dishonest company; as such it does not deserve business. The cheap Rosewill cases are reasonably sturdy, and the fans are quiet and effective (I've used both of their low-end microATX cases, and they worked well).
    Also, as much as I like ASRock myself, if you need DVI video output, check out this Gigabyte board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128516 for only a few $ more (shipping on it is less).
  2. for a cheap build i rather just buy a cheap dell from costco... Dell Inspiron 620 i5 , 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD for $549.99.
  3. Building in my opinion is something to bragg about over "Hey,! i went to the store and got a ........Dell" or the more exciting sentence "I built my computer, because my friends at toms hardware recommended it!" also if your not a fan of Gigabyte and want to get either ASrock (ASUS outcasts) or ASUS get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131764
    It has a 1 of either display type you need. So you'd be set with the rest of everything
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product