Sign in with
Your question

Cheap build for basic tasks(email, web surfing, word, etc)

Last response: in Systems
January 27, 2012 3:09:52 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: this week or next

Budget Range: (e.g.: 600-800) ~500, the less the better

System Usage from Most to Least Important: web surfing, word docs, outlook, quickbooks

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg

Parts Preferences: no real preference, just looking for budget parts

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: looking for a mobo cpu combo preferably. considering amd chip over intel i3 if i can get more from it. not too knowledgable about the current amd chips.

looking for 6 to 8 gigs of ram.

i might asking for too much with so little money. any suggestions would be good.
Related resources
January 27, 2012 1:37:11 PM

The only thing I'd change is the case, to one of the cheap Rosewills. That's because CoolerMaster has been shown in reviews (e.g. HardwareSecrets) to be a dishonest company; as such it does not deserve business. The cheap Rosewill cases are reasonably sturdy, and the fans are quiet and effective (I've used both of their low-end microATX cases, and they worked well).
Also, as much as I like ASRock myself, if you need DVI video output, check out this Gigabyte board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... for only a few $ more (shipping on it is less).
m
l
January 27, 2012 1:41:31 PM

for a cheap build i rather just buy a cheap dell from costco... Dell Inspiron 620 i5 , 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD for $549.99.

m
l
January 27, 2012 2:00:48 PM

Building in my opinion is something to bragg about over "Hey,! i went to the store and got a ........Dell" or the more exciting sentence "I built my computer, because my friends at toms hardware recommended it!" also if your not a fan of Gigabyte and want to get either ASrock (ASUS outcasts) or ASUS get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It has a 1 of either display type you need. So you'd be set with the rest of everything
m
l
!