Sign in with
Your question

New Case for new build - Help!

Last response: in Components
May 10, 2012 7:58:19 AM

I'm looking for a nice new case to build my new system in (must pick today so I can build it this weekend ready for D3 next week), budget isn't really an issue as long as the case meets my needs. I would like something that offers good airflow/cooling, has space for a 240mm radiator, window down one side, is black or black/red, has good cable management, side loading HDD/SSD bays and a minimum of 3 optical bays. I've had a good look at the offerings on Scan and the Corsair 650D and Sharkoon Tauron seem to have caught my eye..... what do you guys think??

More about : case build

a c 139 ) Power supply
May 10, 2012 10:38:02 AM

Hello unluckyxiii;

Have you seen any independent reviews of the Sharkoon Tauron?
I wasn't able to turn up any on a Google search. And none are listed on the Sharkoon website (except the piscomu.com site which I'm not able to read). It's been out long enough now there should be some reviews.

The Corsair 650D seems like the better option, IMO, if you're OK with the price.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...
a c 164 ) Power supply
May 10, 2012 12:08:26 PM

the corsair 650D is a good case but cases are mostly about looks. get the one you enjoy looking at. i must say the sharktoon does look sharp and easy to build in, very similar to a corsair 400/500R, they may even both use the same OEM to build them.

Related resources
May 14, 2012 5:52:56 AM

so what did you get?

airdeano
!