How to identify ps2 model?

Someone has offered to buy my inherited ps2 with
lots of software, but only IF it's a SLIMLINE model,
claiming that the older models "burns up.

The console tag only identifies it as ps2 plus s/n.
Is there any way to distinguish older from newer
(slimline) models?

Thanks.

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:27:49 -0400, digger o'dell <diggerodell@gmail.com> spewed
forth these words of wisdom:

>Someone has offered to buy my inherited ps2 with
>lots of software, but only IF it's a SLIMLINE model,
>claiming that the older models "burns up.
>
>The console tag only identifies it as ps2 plus s/n.
>Is there any way to distinguish older from newer
>(slimline) models?
>
>Thanks.

The original PS2 had a model number of SCPH-30001 or something like that. The
re-designed model with the built-in IR receiver and no firewire port is the
50001. The slimline is the 70001-series.

Galley