crysis786

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello,
I HAVE A COOLERMASTER HAF X AND THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE TEMPS ARE NOT GOOD WHILE THE AMBIENT TEMPS REMAIN AT 25/27 DEGREES MY HARDWARE IS RUNNING PRETTY HOT CONSIDERING THAT THIS IS A HAF X CASE AND IS KNOWN TO HAVE GOOD COOLING ABILITY AND I HAVE A NOCTUA HH-U12P SE2 CPU COOLER WHICH IS COOLING A CORE 2 DUO E8200 CPU AT IDLE THE TEMPS ARE THE SAME AS IF I WOULD USE THE STOCK INTEL CPU COOLER WHICH IS 50 DEGREES BUT WHEN UNDER LOAD THE TEMPS REACH 54/55 DEGREES MAX IM CONFUSED SINCE I UPGRADED MY CASE AND THE CPU COOLER BUT WITH NO DECENT COOLING RESULTS I TAUGHT IF A NOCTUA NH-U12P SE2 COOLER CAN KEEP AN I7 CHIP UNDER 40 DEGREES AT IDLE THEN IT SHOULD HAVE A BETTER COOLING PERFORMANCE ON THE CORE 2 DUO CHIP WHICH IS INSTALLED IN A HAF X CASE OR DOES THE TDP ON DIFFERENT CPU ALTER THE COOLING PERFORMANCE THE OTHER THING IS THAT MY HDD TEMPS ARE HIGH THEY ARE IN THE 33-37 DEGREES RANGE WHILE THEY ARE IN USE AND AT IDLE THEY COOL DOWN TO 30 DEGREES MINIMUM KEEP IN MIND THE AMBIENT TEMPS WHICH I THINK ISNT A WORRY IF YOU HAVE A HAF X BUT IN MY GENERIC CASE THE HDD TEMPS WOULD NEVER PASS 33 DEGRES NO MATTER ON THE AMBIENT TEMPS ...BEFORE I HAD A GENERIC CASE WHICH HAD ALOT OF FANS IN IT AND HAD A STOCK INTEL COOLER WHICH RAN MY CORE 2 DUO AT 50 DEGREES AT IDLE AND UNDER 59/60 DEGREES UNDER STRESS BUT WHEN I INSTALLED THE NOCTUA NH-U12P SE2 IN THE HAF X USING THE SAME CPU THE IDLE TEMPS WHERE THE SAME BUT THE LOAD TEMPS WHERE SLIGHTLY BETTER VERY SLIGHTLY BY 4/5 DEGREES...THE COOLING PERFORMANCE ON THE HAF X IS POOR ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS...

Razec69

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Aside from not typing in all caps, taking pauses, and breaking your paragraphs done, everything is actually fine.

I've never used a Noctua cooling system but I wouldn't praise it much. It's expensive some are huge and honestly doesn't do much more than what a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus can do.

To answer your questions about your temps. Those temps are actually quite normal.

Except for your IDLE CPU speeds but for the fact that it doesn't go beyond 10 degrees on load is more than good enough.

I'd probably say you applied the thermal paste wrong, and if you didn't reapply thermal paste shame on you.

Those HDD temps are all normal too. In fact everything is normal.

Understand this, I don't know what case you had before but the HAF-X is a big ass case.

Last year my friend bought it and I helped him put all his components back, and that is by far one of the tallest cases I've seen. Next to Lian-Li cases but I wasn't ever really interested in those.

So again you are fine. And like I said don't think just because you have a Noctua whatever, you will get the best cooling in the world.

TRENDING THREADS