Closed Solved

Can't Connect DVI-HDMI to HDMI connect on TV

I'm trying to connect an hdmi cable through the DVI-HDMI connector on my pc to my Vizio tv (that has a 720p resolution). I've been able to do this easily before, however recently after switching out a broken cable it will just not work. My pc recognizes the connection when I plug it in, my monitor blinks and its showing my tv in the display settings. But no matter what I do I just get "no signal" on the tv. The display setting set from my pc for my tv is 1280 x 720 (native). I've tried 3 different hdmi cables, the only thing I'm thinking is possible is that the DVI-HDMI connector is broken or I have something set wrong on the settings. Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connect hdmi hdmi connect
  1. Just had a similar issue with my setup
    computer would recognize tv but tv wouldnt get signal
    this was with svideo
    but is similar
    for me switching to a shorter cable helped
    How long is the HDMI are you trying to run?

but also I suggest trying another dvi-hdmi connector if possible

also try to take a look into the HDMI and DVI ports to make sure no pins are broken
    or anything in there blocking it
  2. I purchased a new dvi-hdmi connector, still no luck. I have a strong feeling this has something to do with my computer and not the cables or connectors I'm using. I checked the ports, nothing looks damaged.
  3. Best answer
    I am kind of clueless now
    maybe the dvi port of card is broken
    did you try pulling the card out and reseating it in the PCIe slot?
  4. I figured it out, I switched the ports of the monitor input and the dvi, for some reason that made it work. No clue why I had to switch it out, the port that the monitor is now attached to works (since my monitor's working). Thank you for your help.
  5. Best answer selected by ubersoldier87.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia TV Connection DVI HDMI Cable Graphics